Something more interesting to spend money on?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Chrono777, February 16, 2011.

1. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

hm... my team has 3 assassins. i'll choose the 4th assassin and i bet the enemy wins lol
  2. arseface

arseface Post Master General

We need more custom classes. It's hard experimenting with endorsement setups and having most classes available to play(let's face it, the standard endorsement setups are sub-par).
  3. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

I would rather have 100 different hats available for purchase with in game earnings than dumb skins like the cardboard derpington that ruins the atmosphere of the game. :evil:
  4. Runie

Runie New Member

I'm sorry that you're so delusional that you thought this game was anything other than a cartoony goofy game.

And I'm sorry that you don't appreciate the awesomeness of the cardboard samurai. Try reading penny arcade. Juicebot came from PA and he's still here.
  5. AnnonAshera

AnnonAshera New Member

Some good ideas here.
    Particularly about the customized gear slot. Or unlocking colors to paint the trim of your armor is another great idea.
  6. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

This combined with a quicker way to select your gear before a match to prevent missing out on the action and we have a radical idea on our hands.
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Like I said before, purchaseable taunts.

Anything that looks cool really, and doesn't cost ridiculous amount of in-game earnings, and doesn't affect gameplay (taunts that can do significant damage)
  8. Dragon-Guard

Dragon-Guard New Member

9. Virulence

Virulence New Member

All great ideas. I'd like some purchasable Gear. Taunts would be cool, although the problem with taunts is that the enemy either sees the taunt from a respawn camera 150 metres in the air, or from 3 metres away while they rev up their double Minigun.

Of course, full Gear might take too long to produce so maybe just purchasable articles of clothing would do the trick. Hats, scarves, shoulder pads, whatever.
  10. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Right now, all full gear does is give you an article of clothes or a trim. You basically look the same on some of them (tf2 hats).

Anywho, another idea that comes to me is when I think of grapples, I find that in this game they are only taunts that affect the enemy. You thinkin' what i'm thinkin'?

Customizable grapples! Currently, some gear has new taunts. What if a new gear for the assassin gave her new looking grapples as well? Same as taunts, they don't affect gameplay (same length roughly, same damage definitely, facing same direction afterwards probably). It would add many depths of "cool", be something you can earn like taunts and gears, be looked highly upon so it strokes egos, ect. ect.

EXAMPLE: Instead of a sword into the back of the head while on the ground, the assassin's new grapple a long wind-up swing across the back of their neck (like she is playing baseball with their neck, and swings right through their neck), and to exclude gore the enemy can just spin around goofily as they fall. Same damage, same time to do, faces the same direction afterwards, but looks different and cool.

EXAMPLE: Instead of slapping as the shuriken face-grapple, the assassin's new taunt would be something like SSF4 Gen Mantis Ultra 2 where she precisely pokes 3 vital points of the enemy's chest lightly but firmly (doing laughable damage while the enemy stands there confused and cocky) and then double-finger-pokes the center of his chest (where his eyes get wide as his health suddenly drops the rest of the way a short delay afterwards). Agan, same damage and length, but looks like some ninja-touch-of-death.
  11. FTCNeko

FTCNeko New Member

One hundred pourcent okay with BroTranquilty, unlockable new taunts and skins would be great!

Hats only would force the dev team to make a special attachement points to the characters, also would need new sections in the menu, wich is unplesant, TF2 is already going bad with those stupid things, don't come with it on MNC.
  12. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Don't forget grapple animations. Like I said, grapples are like taunts, so new animations for gear should be possible. I think it would be cool, especially for assassins. Just keep the animations the same length, damage, and facing the same way in the end.
  13. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

I'd be content with mod tools for $1m in-game currency.
  14. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

I'll add my 4m to yours if needed.