Some crazy fun without GPU

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by SXX, September 5, 2013.

1. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

My goodness that's big. We haven't even scratched the surface of the scale of Planetary Annihilation.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

hrm! uhm?
  3. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

And TBH, scale 100 looks a LOT better than the dwarf planets we have right now.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Wow. Impressive.
  5. tatsujb

Then if you turn off height and make a perfect ball you reach 700, 1000 might even be possible.

but it's less impressive because there's not data it's just a ball.

if you have ocean terrain offset and biomes the whole thing eats up tons more data
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Your video from old version which have less geometry on earth-type planet, current version have much more dense forests.
  7. tatsujb

Yea, how about we re-ignite that old thread eh? *nudge**nudge*
  8. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

I really hope they optimize the System Editor to the point where it doesn't crash when doing the very large planets, but also to the point where we can actually create huge huge planets, and more of them without getting insane lag... I'm still trying to figure out how to make multiple planets orbit correctly right now, they either crash into eachother or just fly off in some weirdo direction haha... I know its properly implemented yet, but I'm guessing its to do with mass and radius, I just dont know the math between the two...