Some brainstorming ideas for possible future PA

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by MrTBSC, June 9, 2018.

1. netpyxa

netpyxa Active Member

ld Yeah wall micro is something that we could easily cut on. Maybe add as an option to build turrets with three wall segments protecting their frontal arc.

Multi unit transport are not needed. Just build 2-3 air factories and set them on pelican production. These build fast. Maybe just reduce their cost or something? 150 metal is like a t1 unit and might make it less attractive. Who in their minds would build pelicans if they could fighters instead. Especailly uber 1v1.

Zero-K transport queue for taxi buttons would be great. OR continious LOAD-UNLOAD command routines. Load area stays active and the transports keep moving units that approach it until you press STOP order.
    Combat fabbers change selection groups based on their orders: non selectable as combat while building mines and or reclaiming.produce t
    Last edited: January 9, 2019
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

for one fighters do not attack ground and bombers fall easily to AA .. and while sure pelicans are not save from aa
    their payload is once dropped ...
    multiunit for air might be not required but for multiplanetplay as a midgame invasiontool that does not requier a exitgate or costs thausands of metal ... doing that with 50+ austreus takes a very long time and is very clunky with or without a ferry- or factoryassistsytem ..

uber already circumvented the need to have multiple units be shown on a transport both through the unitcannon (they are build and stored invisibly within the structure) and the helios (acting as a teleport exit) .. so i would have no problem if these transports act like starcraft or supcom 2 clownkarts .. i simply want the functionality to be there ..

rather add behaviors to what any fabricator should focus on and be selectable on that basis ..
    another option would be to have a actual combatmedic/mechanic that focuses on armyrepair and the current combatengineer that focuses on defensive options or turretcreep ....
    Last edited: January 21, 2019
  3. netpyxa

netpyxa Active Member

Of course ideally we want to be able to exclude units from selection ALTOGETHER manually.

You could issue reclaim order or minefield order and then use exclude from all selection function.

You can forget about selecting and moving said busy units by mistake.

You could keep your storms as flak in your base and never worry about sending them elsewhere by mistake.

You could leave stitches on patrol in your base so that they fix any broken structures automatically and not worry about it anymore.

You simply can not select them anymore. Zero-K has a function similar to this one which allows to switch selection priorities. All combat units have the highest priority but you can set any of these units a low priority selection at any time. ZK is quite advanced in this regard.
    Last edited: January 24, 2019
  4. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

Can anyone explain what the logic is behind how fabs get excluded from selection groups? Generally, that's the level of interpretation I want to be able to set for specific instances of units. I should be able to selection drag the 9 Stitches and have the two Dox amongst them be ignored, whilst being able to select the 9 Dox with 2 Stitches amongst them, exactly as it happens for fabs. If the fab/combat unit system could be expanded to have a third category, and only units that have been marked fit that category, would that be sufficient?
  5. MrTBSC

you have fabs and combatfabs ... fabs are for constructing and combatfabs (even though the majority uses them for minefields and reclaim) are there to repair your army that´s why the latter gets selected with your combatunits ..
  6. lulamae

lulamae Well-Known Member

Also give enemy mine vision
  7. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

Not either of you at fault, but entirely not what I meant by my question. I am trying to ask if anyone knows the specific mechanic by which the game decides if a selection box should exclude the combat units or the fabs. I can understand how you didn’t get that from my reply, but how did you get to “what is a combat fab?”?
  8. lulamae

Comparing the game's fabrication_bot_combat.json file to the same file in the Combat Fabber Deselect mod, The mod seems to have dropped
    Code:
    "unit_types":[.......,"UNITTYPE_Offense"..............],
    They both have
    Code:
    "unit_types":["UNITTYPE_Construction",.......]
    C:\Games\Planetary Annihilation\Planetary Annihilation\stable\media\pa\units\land\fabrication_bot_combat
    Last edited: January 25, 2019
  9. lulamae

Although at this point they get grouped together with fabbers when you drag a group selection.

Regular bot fabbers have
    Code:
    "unit_types":["UNITTYPE_Fabber",......]
    Which neither of the combat fabber json files have
    Last edited: January 25, 2019
  10. lulamae

This is what happens with the Combat Fabber Deselect mod
  11. MrTBSC

not gonna put this into OP
    but what do you guys think about a ragnarokversion that only destroys the planets surface for recolonisation (since there is discussion for asteroids doing that)