So what are we making?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by neutrino, March 4, 2009.

1. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I'm sure people have their own ideas about what we could be doing. Anyone willing to take some guesses? Maybe we can all marvel at your foresight after we announce.

Obviously I cannot confirm nor deny.
  2. TheBigOne

TheBigOne New Member

You are making a fast action shooter which feels a bit like Quake with different classes and many different game modes where weapons actually hit the spot you targetted with your crosshair. There are jumppads, areas where gravity is different , lots of items to pick up , some classes can plant Turrets named "Mavor" and "Scathis" and if you die you spawn after a few seconds instead of having to wait for the round to finish.
    It uses the same graphics engine as Zork, will initially be released on Sega Megadrive and will be ported to Amiga 500 in the Year 2525.
  3. Scared

Scared New Member

I am going to say it is going to be an FPS game...judging from what someone said in one of the other (OT) threads that seems to be on the money. That is all I have for now.
  4. eetmorsqrls

eetmorsqrls New Member

i figure you guys will go in one of two directions:

either way you will have large amounts of players on each team, built-in voip, and multiple classes. The game will be set in the future and have robots.

I figure the more likely case is a game that has an overall metamap and heavily emphasizes teamwork and an ability to coordinate multiple strikes at the same time. The ability to use terrain and cover as well as a limited ability to place and move defenses would also be awesome. This mode would support full friendly-fire. This would have a 30 or so second respawn time.

the other case would basically be TF2 wherein there is no friendly fire and while teamwork helps to an extent, the skill of individual players rather than the entire team is more highly emphasized. Defenses would still be able to be placed, but they would be more transparent and would usually only benefit the person who created them, rather than making chokepoints and such that benefitted the entire team. this mode would have a shorter, 15 second or so respawn time.
  5. neutrino

Interesting responses!

:lol:
  6. gnats3

gnats3 Member

First-person scifi racing game. Either that or some kind of Mechwarrior-esque game.
  7. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

An epic Scrabble game!
  8. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

You guessed it! Although our game's tagline is: "Now with 10 Q's"
  9. gnats3

gnats3 Member

Does QQ count as a word?
  10. neutrino

Only using the Gnats3 edition rules.
  11. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

HEY!

less talk, moar dev. i'm srs.
  12. squidbot

squidbot New Member

It's going to be an adventure game where My Little Pony Unicorns inhabit the Vampire Chronicles world. I recently discovered that the Care Bears reference was just a clever ruse to distract us from the true story.
  13. eetmorsqrls

eetmorsqrls New Member

the internet has destryoed us all...
  14. neutrino

There's no way we could afford the my little pony license. I hear strawberry shortcake is going cheap though.
  15. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

I thought you were looking at Rainbow Brite? I mean after the recent performance on Robot Chicken... at least she's been pulled out of obscurity...
  16. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

Maybe not now, but one day I sincerely hope you end up carrying the Commander torch into the future. FA was great, but it was never quite completely.

Someone's got to finish the job and make the best RTS ever. It's been a long, long wait.

- coodboot
  17. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

Didn't they sign SupCom2?
  18. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

Yeah GPG did sign for Supreme Commander II, but I wonder if they will finish the job this time. I think Chris needs to focus less on making giant units and such a huge scale, and just try to get the basics done like balancing.

So maybe it's time for someone else to make another Supreme Commander style RTS.
  19. squidbot

squidbot New Member

It's already been done:

[​IMG]
  20. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

That pic is so hawt.