So, what about Loadout?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by lquwiesr, May 17, 2013.

1. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

You can just sign up for the beta on the site. I think my key took four days to come.
  2. Mavajo

Mavajo New Member

And yet they're not required to be. Which you said they were. So you were wrong. As usual.
  3. Skelingtonking

Skelingtonking Member

I don't think I am mad about it.
    I never really read into early access. I just thought it seemed like a f2p model,
    so naturally that would have a free beta right?

but I am not worried about it thats all.
  4. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

Hey, at least this was the first email that from them that didn't get spam flagged from gmail.

I wonder how many of the previous emails were missed because of that.
  5. hificommander

hificommander Active Member

There were thousands off free keys maybe two weeks ago I think. I had the urge to try the game so I just googled free keys and got one immediately. 20 bucks isn't bad but its a little much prior to deciding if you like the game.
  6. mops

mops Member

Pm me a link brothaman
  7. hificommander

hificommander Active Member

A number of websites had 5k codes to give out but the one I got it from ran out in a bout a week. Sorry brotato chip.
  8. mops

mops Member

Let me play it on your account. When is the open beta going to start?
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I didn't get any email?... I've had Loadout since it first went into closed beta. Wasn't really into it so I barley played it. It's cool to see the list of players gave they Special Thanks to a lot of them were MNC/SMNC beta testers as well. Coverop was like the king of finding bugs in both games.

"Then reading that the game will be free on release and you're only paying to be part of a beta program is a real head scratcher. I've never been asked to pay to participate in a beta before. I mean good luck with that but expect negative feedback."

Odd. Many games have done this and it surprisingly works out well. I mean two that I can name off the top of my head are Path of Exile and Neverwinter.

"Uber needs to do a better job of educating us what Loadout is and how it differs from just a shinier TF2. I'm sure the differences are huge but all Uber has shown us are wacky TF2 style videos and a frustrating email."

How dumb are modern gamers, really? Why is any shooter with stylized art considered a TF2 clone/knock-off? :roll:
  10. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

The same modern gamers who keep buying CoD games, and who find SMNC vastly too confusing
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

12. evilPineapple

evilPineapple Active Member

13. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

Been kinda hyped about this after the email. but it seems they stopped giving out keys "after" i found out about this game :|

even entered a weapon naming contest to see if i could win a key D: nope, my name for the first weapon "Pulse Wrecker" got ousted by a generic sounding "Thors Vengeance" name :<
  14. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

They stopped giving away keys because EoR is a company and it needs to make profit. Steam Early Access gives them an opportunity to do just that.
  15. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

This is also a Loadout

[​IMG]
  16. killien

killien Active Member

Tried it, got bored with it rather quickly. Weapons gave me the impression I was launching chrome-colored beach balls instead of spiked cannonballs of doom
  17. poiuasd

Yeah there are still tons of bad weapons that you can make and only a handful viable ones.
  18. emb4

emb4 Active Member

I replaced your very unoriginal image with a good one
  19. poiuasd

If only you owned those cosmetics.
  20. emb4

emb4 Active Member

I did buy them but they did a stat wipe and i got my money back