So, the Supreme Court confirmed LGBT rights?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by thetrophysystem, June 26, 2015.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ules-all-states-must-allow-same-sex-marriages

Congrads on one more step towards people getting to make their own decisions! I mean, people wouldn't make decisions if they didn't want to live with them, and their personal decisions should be supported either way. Humans having human rights, it is sad this has to be a big fight, rather than something everyone was given from the beginning of time.

I basically said this in another 10000 character thread I just made. But just to reinterate.

Who in the name of all unsufferable hell, was it not blatantly obvious to, that it isn't cool to make decisions on behalf of other people who must then live with those decisions. Whoever that wasn't obvious for, I wish I could go around every waking moment of their life, making their decisions for them.

Dinner? Want burger and fries? Eat brussel sprouts and monkey brains. Ice Cream? Want chocolate? Have none-flavored, not vanilla, literally unflavored frozen milk ice cream. Want a car? Too bad, you get a motor scooter, 125cc. Want to use facebook? Too bad, you get a myspace. Here is where it gets real disgusting. Want to be intimate with someone of same age or younger? Too bad, you get someone who is 82.

****, am I annoying or what? I AM DOING, WHAT BACKSEAT DECISIONMAKERS DO. I am making choices for you, that disgust you, while all my choices are enforced by law. That, is the highest form of pathetic, enforcing your decision at much enjoyment of yourself, while others suffer having it forced on them and you just sit back and smile...
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

So the US is going to get gay marriage before Australia does? My god that's embarrassing.
    Clopse, squishypon3, Devak and 2 others like this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

yeah for germany it's embarrassing as well
    tunsel11, tatsujb and Devak like this.
  4. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

"If you don't like gay marriage, then don't marry a gay person."

Problem solved all at once! (I didn't know that the US was actually leading in something involving civil rights! Must be the rest of the world slacking off )
  5. Geers

>Warner Brothers pulls Arkham Knight from PC sale like a responsible company.
    >Bungee apologizes for their Taken King BS.
    >US makes steps toward gay marriage.

Alternate universe collision confirmed.
    Gorbles, xankar and thetrophysystem like this.
  6. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

I think marriage should be illegal. It gives advantage to the people willing to marry over the rest.
    How can anybody consider the marriage contract a human right? It was just a thing based on tradition and religion made law when those three were too close together.

By the way, Im getting married next year :)
  7. cola_colin

The real problem I guess is that you get certain rights if you're married, at least in germany and probably also in the US. Actually that should be get rid of. Replace it with a simple "You're raising a child, you get a tax advantage".
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  8. Geers

Not if I show this to your future spouse ;).
    xankar and websterx01 like this.
  9. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Cola: that's exactly what I meant. You will always be free to live as you please, but no need to get the law in the equation.
    Geers: I challange you to do so ;)
  10. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Being able to see people in the hospital during emergencies is a pretty big deal. If something really bad happens they'll stop anybody but immediate family from seeing them. A marriage contract lets you do that.
  11. cola_colin

That's something I've never thought of, I mainly thought of stuff like tax advantages. Those clearly should not be given out because two people decide to go with some religious based partnership, but instead based on how many children they raise, as that is what actually matters for the future of the country.

For medical emergencies I I'd say the most logical system would be that people simply can make some formal "I trust the following people in that situation"-paper.

A marriage contract basically combines a lot of things that could be separated and it has waaay too much of a religious kind of meaning for it to be something that should be important on a law/state level anyway. State and religion should be separated as much as possible really, nothing good ever comes out of combining the two.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  12. websterx01

This is what the school system and many activities or groups do. You fill out a form giving permission to do surgery without parental authorization and/or designating other contacts that could stand in for the parent in emergencies.
  13. Geers

You're making the distinction yourself. While marriage has its routes in religion there's not much holding it there these days. You can get married by a priest, or by Elvis.

It's a sign of commitment, nothing more.
  14. cola_colin

Thing is there is still a lot of very religious people who feel that gay marriage directly attacks their religion because they still connect the marriage stuff to what their holy book has told them.
  15. thetrophysystem

Funny thing is, last I checked, I was pretty sure Dec. 25th and marriage were both things stolen from Paegan tradition. Jesus's birthday is allegedly around March 28th-ish, the roman census date, and makes sense as such.

Based on that alone it makes no sense to let religion make the rules on it.

As far as making marriage a completely legally inert act (a title without legal bearing that people just use, like "spouse"), is probably the most logical system... if humans were logical and invented systems based on logic. Since they don't, they render them from tradition without questioning the establishment of it, I guess we are stuck with the need of a marriage system, and a legal system behind it, but it should definitely cater to every taxpayer. Otherwise, why is that guy paying full taxes, for a system that hates/ridicules them and grants them 1/4th the benefits of others? Really, christians should feel a little greedy, being entirely okay with being tax exempt, and collecting taxes from the LGBT, and then denying them rights. Basically, legal theft, if you ask me...
  16. Devak

Devak Post Master General

I wanted to bash america for being late, but i'm happy they finally ended this BS and just made it legal throughout the nation. If a nation like the USA can get this through the legal system surely other "first world" nations can do too right? I mean isn't it a basic human right to express love for the very person you love?
  17. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Some fundamentalist sh!tface was calling today the "moral 9/11".

Seriously, America, so happy you caught up with common sense, but like a huge chunk of your religious side can honest to god go **** yourself. Everyone deserves the same rights as everyone else. End of.
    squishypon3 and Geers like this.
  18. Geers

There's nothing the bible about divorce either but that has a solid foundation in law. If they feel "attacked" then they can just go ahead and grow up.
  19. websterx01

May I drop this here?

Thanks Planetside 2 nerds! :p
    squishypon3 likes this.
  20. thetrophysystem

Last edited: June 27, 2015