So my new sig...

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, April 5, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

New resolution is 3600x934 that 6 times the original size! I had to cheat a little though. I added some noise to break the artifacts and slapped some heavy filters on the background but I think it will work for a shirt or as desktop background.

And curse Photobucket, they won't let me host 6MB pictures, I wonder why... :mrgreen:

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?ltrnjzmjnqj

I changed the composition slightly, preview:
    [​IMG]

sig for comparison:
    [​IMG]

And here is the new version as sig. I missed a spot as I was masking the flag:
    [​IMG]
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

3. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

What are the odds of me getting one of each class and then having it rotate (GIF like) from class to class?

I know thats a lot of work, so if you arent interested, tell me to go stick it :)
  4. Col_Jessep

The odds are extremely good - if you make the other 5 signatures yourself... ;)
    While I enjoy making signatures I do have other stuff to take care of and 5 sigs would take days. The problem isn't the process of making the signature but the idea and the fine-tuning it requires. Sometimes an idea just appears out of thin air but it can also take days or weeks until something comes to mind.

Right now I have a beautiful idea for my signature but it would take days to finish it. I'll have to settle for something less eccentric I guess. :(
  5. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Haha that's fair.

That's also my way of saying "I cant do it..." I can edit pics in photoshop, i just dont know how to start from scratch and create them. I'll learn, eventually. Thank you, again, for the one you made though!
  6. Col_Jessep

My pleasure. I really enjoy working on sigs. It's so much more fun than let's say the last 5 hours I spend on learning php. I'm really not good at coding and hate every minute of it. But at least it works now and it seems to run stable on all major browsers. :D

Oh btw, you don't really want an animated gif as sig. It might sound cool but in the end you only have 256 colors to play with and it lacks in quality. The more pics you add the worse the overall quality becomes. There are better ways to switch between pictures but most of them don't work on signatures or won't be loaded new each time because the browser will just grab the old pic from the cache.
  7. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

Decided to revive this thread to show off my new sig/avatar

We should make a community art page.