So I finally decided to try the PC version out

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Liefglinde, February 14, 2011.

1. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

My Uber streak last night begs to differ... ;)
  2. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Yeah I can shotgun the heck out of things on the 360. Dunno why it would be different on the PC.
  3. Providence

Providence New Member

Can you guys post some vids? Would be interesting to see!
  4. PKC

PKC New Member

You can kill any number of chumps with any weapon using a controller ;) You wont stand up against quality though unless you can have the quick response.
  5. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I'll play anytime you want =)
  6. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

The lag in this thing is killing me... I haven't been able to jump over a single Jackbot slam because even when I'm at the height of my jump I still get slammed away. Then there's the whole getting grappled from the front in mid-air turning into a back grapple. Fun stuff...
  7. PKC

PKC New Member

Whats your ping? Theres virtually no lag for many of us. Im playing on servers with ~80 ping and not noticing any lag.
  8. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

You playing as Assassin? That's definitely the most noticeable when it comes to lag. Ping on the servers I play on is around 50-90
  9. PKC

PKC New Member

Nah, I main support sorry.
  10. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Yeah usually that's the class with which I notice lag the least.
  11. PKC

PKC New Member

Pretty much why I started with him, coz being in Australia I was playing on US servers @ ~250 ping to start off with. Having said that though I have played a few assassin games and not noticed much lag.
  12. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

I'll defend the controller is equally good (which will lean to whichever the player is most used to) as long as you never plan on using the shotgun or shuriken gun. If you do, then no. It's inferior.

Analogues do give you a better control of movement by itself (axial directions instead of fixed 4 directions)... But here's the thing: The advantage is negligible. In a beat'em up it matters because directional input is... If not everything at least most of the gameplay. In a shooter the advantage you get from the extra movement directions is soo negligible that it does not compensate the egregious accuracy and reaction speed loss from the lack of a mouse. You simply do not need that kind of precision, especially when you already have all the directional precision you could want due to the mouse.
  13. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

For some reason I find it impossible to aim the shuriken launcher with the mouse. I actually have to use the Xbox controller for that. And maybe it's just because I've been using it for so long, but I can aim very well with the controller, and have out shotgunned Supports with it.
  14. Polynomial

When even the developers admit the mouse and keyboard is more accurate, I'm not sure what point there is arguing this.
  15. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Some people prefer the controller over the K&M regardless of how great and amazing the K&M are.

Stop trying to convince people into thinking something is better over something else when it's all preference...
  16. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

It's not ALL preference. KB+Mouse is better, but in some cases someone's preference is enough to outweigh that. Just like how Bach made better music than Lada GaGa, but people still prefer hers.
  17. Mail

Mail New Member

Individual preference is not to be discarded. If someone just plain prefers the controller, let them have it. There is something to be said for familiarity. Most people who play Super Meat Boy despise using the keyboard, but my long history of playing my old games on emulators with my keyboard makes it a more familiar tool for me. It would take me far too long to re-acclimatize to a controller for platformers, I understand what people are coming from here.
  18. fischbs

fischbs New Member

There's a constant influx of noobs due to Steam's guest pass and this game being *%&#ing awesome.
  19. Polynomial

I'm okay with preference, that's fine. Its just when people say controller is better for MNC.
  20. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

The only thing the controller has an advantage on is being able to adjust how fast your character is by simply applying a different amount of force.