So I finally decided to try the PC version out

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Liefglinde, February 14, 2011.

1. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I've changed my mind about the controller. I want as many people as possible to play with the controller. The more people the better for me. I will quite literally fly circles around them.
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

He plays assassin, better with controller. Plus, the controller is better for assault. It would be better for tank if it wasn't for the railgun. Mouse isn't ungodly overpowered you know.
  3. Polynomial

No, no no no no no no. Controller is scientifically worse than keyboard and mouse for MNC or any shooter. http://www.gamespy.com/articles/110/1107892p1.html
    Last edited: February 14, 2011
  4. [451]Fireman

[451]Fireman New Member

Without the ability to (easily) lunge grapple around corners (or lunge back grapple from the front) it is quite easy to prove that Assassin works better on M+KB.
  5. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I am able to do both with the controller :p
  6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

You know, we had this arguement before, and I ended it by proving controller and m+kb to be inferior to m+"nostro" (name i gave my handpad-key-thumbstick-thingy).

Besides, controller allow fluid movement and control of skills, while mouse allows quicker accurate aiming. You say someone with maybe a whole second of a disadvantage feeds you kills, but I say enemies pausing in the middle of a fight looking for a button (and instead opening the skill menu) feed me kills :twisted: .
  7. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Another issue I have is I feel like this game just runs terribly on my PC, which I have a hard time understanding because I can run many games on max settings without much trouble.
  8. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Had my first "serious" match of MNC yesterday. Got it recorded and going to upload it when i get home today. Playing with my controller as Support, I managed to pull off my first PC Uber Streak :mrgreen:
    30 & 5

I looked at the keyboard settings for this game, and holy crap, they were complicated. I like having all controls integrated in the palms of my hands with my controller.

You can get away with using a controller for Support, which is all I play, so... yay!
    Just map the talk button to pushing in the left thumb stick and I'm good to go.

There is that annoying skill picking bug though, so I upgrade my red skill up to lvl 3 first so I don't have to deal with it in the middle of a fire fight.

Having said that, PC people for MNC never bother communicating in my experience. Don't count on randoms for team work. Also, hardly anyone has a mic. the only time I ever see typed messages are after matches. And it's either GG or someone complaining about their team mates. :roll:
  9. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Yeah it seems like Assassin and Support are the only two that don't have a huge disadvantage when using the controller, most likely due to the lack of aiming required. But since those are the 2 classes I play the most, I should be fine :p

Even during the game, people start complaining about their team. I could not roll my eyes enough when I saw the 0-12 Assassin complaining that bots were breaking into our base because the Tank wasn't doing his job :roll:
  10. Polynomial

Link me this proof. You are not acknowledging the wide variety of keyboards and mice available for gaming. All my skills are linked to my mouse.
  11. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

...When does this ever happen?

I know the entire keyboard out of muscle memory. So does everyone who has used a computer for over 3 years... I can find any key with my eyes closed.
  12. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

As an assault that flies on the opposite end of pros from overhead, constantly crossing over... I'd say they freeze up trying to fiddle with turning the right way at least once in a while. Always nice when they do. Wouldn't a joystick make out-maneuvering an overhead opponent so much easier?
  13. s0cks

s0cks New Member

Hold on, does the pre and post game chat actually work for you people? Mines always blank, and whenever I type something and hit enter it just disappears.
  14. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

It's quite glitchy at times. It starts blank (erases previous game's chat), you have to reclick the chat bar to type after countdown reaches 10, and some people have reports of not seeing any messages in it.
  15. Mail

Mail New Member

I have never had this problem. Ever. And I'm not even that great a player. In fact I think I have the problem more on controllers, to be honest. I have no trouble playing with my binding scheme, and it's pretty standard.
  16. Polynomial

No. A mouse and keyboard allows more maneuverability than a controller does by default. Looking and aiming on the 360 is slower than looking and aiming on the PC because the mouse moves your cursor faster and more accurately than a joystick.

If you don't believe me even Scathis acknowledged the more precise controls available on the PC, and blogged about it on Penny Arcade.
    Last edited: February 14, 2011
  17. Rammite

Rammite New Member

A large amount of the community come from the more mainstream shooters (Battlefield, Call of Duty, and the like). Try as you might, they are simply accustomed to thier way of playing FPSes. I'll show you what I mean - My comments will be in orange.

18. PKC

PKC New Member

Lol, why do the console fans insist on debating the controller V mouse? Even Uber note the superiority of the PCs controls.
  19. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

If you had actually read, you would have noticed that we're defending the controller conditionally. I find the controller better for Supports and Assassins. I will not even try to say the controller is better for the other 4 because... well it's not.
  20. PKC

PKC New Member

The controller is fine for healing or airstrikes, not for the shotgun.