So about that MW3

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by ZOoo00OOm, July 20, 2011.

1. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Re: Wait...

Fine by us. If that's your case, then just shut up and stick to the PC version instead of butting in and let us say what we'd like.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

:lol:
  3. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Dammit, I leave this page for a day and this **** happens. Get the fsck out of my pond.
  4. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

Overall, I don't want anything other than an assault bomb/charge nerf and a juice chain and ice trap nerf.
  5. teapot

teapot Post Master General

your response had nothing to do with what I posted jessep. My whole point is how ridiculous you sound telling the xbox community to be patient because PC had to wait 6 months before they got their game. I couldn't believe it was a mod that posted it and not brotranquility.

Like I said I was patient. I still am patient too. Whether i'm patient or not the content won't be delivered so there's no point in asking every 2 months. It's been so long and I would hate to make all of those threads just for you guys to lock them.

You can save all the details for how long it takes to create the updates, and how the ball is in xbox's court. There's definitely progress in the last 9 months, but there's no attempt to communicate with a community begging for answers. Maybe, it's because it's so hard to update with such a little team, but it doesn't change the lack of communication. What do you expect from us? There's some people here who have been around for a long time sticking it out..
  6. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

We all know the patch isn't coming.
    Let's be honest to ourselves.
  7. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

The only problem is just lack of communication from Uber themselves. . .about the 360 version.

I don't like having to hear false statements from their green named "yes-men" everytime.
  8. Nova Warlord

Nova Warlord New Member

Bump on the updates.
  9. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Ok I'm sorry but Deadstretch and Jessup, I can no longer take anything either of you say seriously. I can't believe the lengths you two are going through to try and defend Uber, when there is nothing left to defend. With their 4 posts in the last 5 months I think they've more than proven they couldn't care less about the 360 version. I don't care how small of a team you have, there is NO excuse for a lack of communication. In the last 9 months all we've gotten is "We're working on it."

Simply unacceptable.
  10. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

+1
  11. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

A couple of thoughts:

-Any requests for new xbox CONTENT in the near future (ie: before the engine update) have pretty much been stated as an impossibility due to the differences in ease of access between both distribution methods, and an outdated or problematic game engine. Releasing new content might bring about a short term spike in interest in the player base, but here is the problem with any content update in general for the xbox:

It has to be tested, a LOT. And if bugs make it THROUGH the testing phase you are pretty much stuck with them until the NEXT update, which in most console games, especially arcade games, are far from a certainty. Remember the infinite health juice glitch that we were stuck with for over 2 months because of a balance update that was "rushed out" to players AND STILL TOOK 2-4 months to pass Microsoft certification?

Combine these risks with the fact that apparently releasing console updates would slow or contradict process on the new engine (which would enable easier updating between the two platforms in the future), and it becomes more and more clear why uber is taking the position they are taking in releasing new content for the xbox.

This is all without mentioning the fact that a large portion of the new content is DISLIKED by PC players. Update 7 was very polarizing in the PC community and update 8 was pretty much universally disliked, and largely contributed to me switching to TF2 as my main shooter. It would be a huge gamble to throw this stuff onto the console right now, because it would likely have to be pay DLC for mostly balance changes, a few bug fixes, and one map that is pretty much universally frowned upon and considered a server killer on the PC. This means splitting the already small player base into free/pay segments.

Now, that I've said all that, I do have a major gripe with uber:

I understand the "abandonment" content/mechanics wise. I'm not even remotely upset about that.

I'm upset at the lack of community involvement Uber has undertaken with the 360 players since after the release of smedley's video medley. No game with developer nights, no community play dates (hell, organize these once a month ON YOUR OWN, if microsoft wont give you press), no more contests, very little forum involvement, and not so much as a blog post on the update progress of the work going into the new engine. That could undoubtedly be handled better.

At the same time: I can't fully blame you. Most of the (vocal part of the) community is hostile and does not know the proper way to ask for information or encourage developer/player interaction. I've read a number of posts from top players stating things along the lines of "uber has no idea what they are doing" and several of you have made it a pastime to get banned from these forums. I've seen several people ask for deadlines/timelines even though its been explicitly stated we will not get them. I've yet to see anyone ask for screen shots, blog posts, video logs, teaser trailers, and any other helpful source of information that an update is coming. Maybe that is common sense stuff that is included in the catchall phrase "update info" but Uber is a relatively inexperienced game developer that might need some prodding to figure out things like effective community management. If uber refuses to do anything along those lines, then I think they have lost any sort of moral high ground in this situation.

The bottom line for me: I payed 15 dollars for an arcade game that held my interest as my MAIN game for well over 8 months, which had a pretty decent free update. I got my money's worth, and I did not make my purchase on the assumption that I would get new content. I've moved onto a different main game now and don't regret a second of my time spent on MNC, and will likely check out any future updates.

Until then, I will play other games.
  12. teapot

Most of what you said was good, but are you being serious with asking for screen shots, blog posts, video logs and teaser trailers? I hope you're not... but I know you are. I've asked politely and explained my position politely. I, as well as others, have asked for ANY information regarding ANYTHING. Not just information, but ideas, thoughts, or estimates.

I just stopped myself from going off here. There's way too much that can be said about this rather pathetic situation, and I think I'm done explaining and dealing with this ****.
  13. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I'm perfectly serious. If the sides are as hostile as they appear to be with each other, sometimes simple compromises are overlooked because people think they are obvious and already apparent to the other parties. But because of a lack of communication, or EFFECTIVE communication, these suggestions are often ignored.

Now if Uber pretty much looks at all of those suggestions, presented reasonably, and politely, and basically tells its community to suck it, then that is a different situation. As of right now, from what I can tell, they have to sort the intelligent posts out from people threatening to leave for brink, people saying they have no idea what they are doing, people demanding they release the updates, etc.

I'd honestly just move on to a new game for awhile if this arcade game situation really frustrates you that much, teapot. For better or worse, if you've tried everything you can to improve your satisfaction with the situation and still find yourself getting that frustrated over it, id honestly recommend taking a break. Uber certainly won't lose any money over it. Everyone has already paid them, and the only type of leverage our community really has is to flood metacritic and such with bad reviews, and to kill off the player base.

But we've already seen that fail with everyone leaving for like 3 days for brink. Maybe it will be more successful when MW3 and BF3 come out this year, though that will likely happen regardless of how much content uber releases for MNC by that point.
  14. teapot

I've never stated or even hinted that I'd leave this game for any reason. I've often said that this was the best $15 I've ever spent on a game. I have never understood the "I'm leaving this game for brink" reasoning at the time. I also never understood the "just move on, it doesn't effect uber" mentality that the mods post.

My frustration comes from having to explain how ridiculous these arguments have sounded lately. I was originally frustrated with the updates before eka explained what was happening in the update thread. Once that thread ran it's course, I was frustrated with the lack of communication through uber. Now I'm frustrated with the downplay of justification of these updates. Listening to jessup telling the community we need to be more patient because the PC community had to wait 6 months for their game was ridiculous

Like I've said, I asked for information politely, on more than one occasion I believe. There were many rude and bitchy posts from other users so mine could have gotten lost in the shuffle. Regardless, my experience is the exact opposite of what you posted in terms of having to sort out posts.

In another thread I wrote that it's not a matter of being patient, but not having a choice. We just simply have to wait and there is nothing we can do. I realized that a loooong time ago and I'm still here supporting the game, if that says anything for where my stance is here. I feel like i've been repeating myself but as frustrating it is not having any updates/information for a very long time, most of my recent frustration stems from the rather ridiculous reasoning/excuses that have been thrown around lately.
  15. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

You're a smart man, Teapot.

I ALWAYS play MNC, every single day. I have tons of other games but I just mostly play MNC. Because it's fun and most of my friends play it too. Also, I keep coming back to it just to get a few ProTags too and level up. About people leaving the game for Brink, it's quite the exact opposite for me, I left Brink to play MNC. Because seriously, it's the best fun I've ever had for free.

I remember when the game first came out, actually. The developers would always ALWAYS play matches against/with other people. Azo, Eka AND Scathis would always be on the game.

I just wish we could hear more from them.
  16. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

How come Uber has to go through all sorts of hassles with Microsoft to get some DLC/Updates released yet Call of Duty Bad Game can release DLC every other weekend?
  17. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I guess it's just one of those "big games" and they get their DLC out first due to popular demand.
  18. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

In addition to the perks that AAA titles likely get, they are also full release games on multiple platforms. Mnc is a 15 dollar arcade game that produced by a small small company and is pretty close to an indie game in terms of barganing power vs Microsoft. Without xbla, and it's take it or leave it terms, uber had no means of distributing the game in the first place. The positive is that we are able to play mnc today. The negative is that the update process is still governed by microsoft's draconian terms and cconditions.

Steam is pretty much, hey, we wanna update our game, and then they update it.
  19. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

I'm just going to leave this here.
  20. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I thought O said that they were in talks with Microsoft though?