Sniper Assistance?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by AlphabetTaco, January 31, 2012.

1. ominous

ominous New Member

LAN party for this with equal gear. (Someday, if and when one of us has the income.)
    Team matches for fun/to be graded on teamwork and/improvisation.
    PvP to be observed/graded on execution of maneuvers
    against different, or all, classes. Deductions for using broken methods/glitches during such performances.
    All moments to be recorded so any claims (e.g. bot punching) can be verified after or during matches.
    Neither kills nor juice will look as impressive to true pro eyes who know how hard a certain kill was to pull off.
    Five classes can be played with a certain finesse, even the heavies have it.
    Idk if we could all agree on a single set of rules to neuter the assault appropriately to take it seriously.
    However, I'm sure we could still grade it on things like bomb placement/throwing, Accuracy, Drawing in opponents (In his, possibly only, finesse way. e.g. "He overreached!" Attacks, assault flanks, skirmish shot, finish with bomb/charge) Still, it'll be hard to take a pro assault seriously unless certain endorsements are agreed upon. Dealing with the "etiquette" of the game seems the most problematic part.
    I doubt even a quarter would actually be willing play on balanced footing, but I digress.
    If by some miracle we manage get a good number of players to see the theme/'spirit of the game' through our eyes, I'd still want security on staff for the inevitable shattering of egos.
    If somehow we all stayed 'together' thereafter, I'd suggest going on to Mir2cle and friends level of team play.
    I mean, if there were such a group of people to go so far out of the way, we may as well add a machine-like teamplay category. Personally, I found it boring, but if we get to know each other well enough to know (and remember) our play styles, I suppose doing a few of these matches to hone kata wouldn't be so bad. Still, it's like waiting for one spring on the bed to break and then instant killing it and buying a new one. If the money ball went up after 1-2 seconds, I could see being that way. However, even in football, when a chink in the armor happens, the game doesn't end after the touchdown. Nor does the other team start playing from their end of the field from then on. Auto upgrading turrets or a force field that pushes the other team back to center would be great...oh well.. Still, I would be willing to indulge in a few laser/dodge-ball style matches. If and when I got to know five players that wanted to pick things apart like that. I'd rather the dual concept, or even tag duals as those seem more fun/skillful in my eyes. It's like knowing your pokemon ally is about to bluff flamethrower and send the other two your way, but leaving enough chance and room for the other team to potentially instant counter or withdraw and try to flank later.(yeah, seen enough wiggle room for interesting 3v3) ....
    F%#! it, we're modding this someday, I'm sure whoever has the capital will be more than happy to pay steam for the rights. Well, that turned into a rant/philosophy of why some play. Ahem, "It is in the moment of struggle that we live. Not in the taking of in-finite lives. Oh and For The Win, but only after satisfying duals." (^see moneyball recovery/spawn trapped issue for further clarity as to why the 'goal' isn't really the goal.)
    ---------
    Relax, some glitches could be overlooked depending on their utility/use for that particular pro.
    Frankly, some classes can't work their best(or at all) against skilled players, usually playing a particular class, without them. Again, I'm not ruling out vanilla play. Just adding chocolate to see the extreme of a particular pair dual. I think I speak for most MNC pros when I say, "Sometimes you want to see Charizard kick Blastoise' ***."
    Lastly, what a long strange road, in my gear's prime I joyfully 6v1 people.
    So those newer people who don't know, beware. No hard feelings to Chron or his team's style. Sorry my S%@! broke/started breaking during those first few pms back then. I loved taking your machine team, regardless. Would've ran with you all as a freelancer. (not sure I could bare the repetitiveness of that style without a break or two for duals.)
    Right, let the trolls begin! Because Genuine Passion/Feeling+Internet=Trolling fodder.
  2. feedle

feedle Post Master General

most players know each other play styles and they all counter the hell out of you or their internet connections are better then yours. When it comes to true skill and aim etc its impossible with aim assist/lag/actual skill aim.

I went to go play cod ghosts for 4 months and it did improve my aim but it all depends on the gun and scope you use. In mnc your stuck with the same scope just accuracy changes the bullet spread. Theres no recoil with any guns, no set crits for guns etc...

I found it harder to play cod at first because there is no god mode, there is no juice.. there are counter classes to some guns. IE: Riot shield counters quick scoping, explosives counter riot shield, lmgs counter snipers, marksmen counter snipers, snipers counter assault rifles long range. Snipers counter shotgun and smg long range. Close range shotgun and smgs counter everything.

In mnc tank counters assassin, assassin counters sniper, sniper counters gunner and tank, assault counters sniper, support counters assault (well level 3 rockets do), etc.. juice counters all but juice counters juice or level 3 grapples.
    lolmontoya likes this.
  3. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

On LAN/even in the same building, tank would be 100% different. Basically a different kind of assault with all the slaying potential.