Smedley's Video Medley Contest *Video Released*

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat Gameplay Videos' started by Ekanaut, December 7, 2010.

1. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Re: Smedley's Video Medley Contest

Windows movie maker is more than enough to do very basic editing for a competition like this and or game play commentaries.

For more professional stuff, I'd try acquiring Sony Vegas 9 or pinnacle studio 14.

Stoked you are getting a card hostile. You are a pretty beast support from what I remember.
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We use Vegas 10 HD ($80) for all our trailers.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Ok, so I am looking for a new capture program so I can record with better quality and in the settings Uber is asking for. What do you guys recommend? Doesn't matter what it is because I will just use the trial/demo of it just for this contest.

Thanks.
  4. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Sony Vegas is a fantastic program, although it isn't free. Not sure how much it costs as I haven't used it in a while.

I found this link, though http://savedelete.com/best-free-windows ... tware.html
  5. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

I need an link in the blink of an mink eye or I'll be sinked and wont get in time for my rink because I think It'll take awhile before it it ships with my drinks.
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

7. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Amazon has it at half price. $45 :D
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Vegas-Mo...ZQKQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1291845081&sr=8-4 Very tempting. If Nero 9 doesn't pan out for me, I might just get it. Thanks Eka.
  8. Ian

Ian New Member

I managed to get some special guests to commentate on a game. They've discussed all the classes, and some important gameplay mechanics, as well as representing how people play

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoFV6eEeT3I

*SRS face*
  9. DeadStretch

:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

"Damn. I just got a crab on my head. Boom. Headcrab." :lol:
  10. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Well, I broke out my dinosaur SD capture card. It can't officially be entered, but it's more of a preview of my shenanigans to come when I go HD ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbb_vxile44Watch in 480p.
  11. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Btw, do I need audio?
  12. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

audio would be good too.
  13. Shammas

Shammas New Member

The only thing is that with my new setup, I may only be able to record in 1024x768, but I'm still looking into it. If anyone has info on recording while your 360 is connected with VGA cables, let me know.
  14. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I just converted a 13:00 min game of tank gameplay on Spunky last night. I go 31-1 and pretty much only stop moving to deploy and gain juice. I'll be uploading it in full tonight, but I'm also capable of clipping it up if you prefer.

Can we submit entire gameplay videos for this competition, or should I edit it out to the highlights? IE: Can I submit an entire game and it will be guaranteed to be viewed/judged and then uber can edit the source footage (if the video is selected) to pull the clips they want, or should I clip it up myself and only present the highlights to uber in this thread?

Edit: I also recorded a couple of custom rules private matches (King of the hill on Grenade III, supports melee/grapple/air strike and gap shots only, must stay in the middle platform of the map) that Oxyteam played with Scathis last night. Are these eligible, or do you just want standard gametypes?
  15. Ian

Ian New Member

You have to edit it, not them :p

They want your best clips, from across many, many games, compiled into one neat little montage (I'd say about 2 minutes long)

This will be a new ad for MNC, so it's got to attract new players, but still actually represent the core gameplay. Kills + taunts with close-up camera angles would be a common entry, I'd imagine. A shot of someone getting punched by a Blackjack, a Bouncer grapple, some turret action, and a moneyball explosion crescendo ;)

Buuuuut, anyone could do that. They want to see you do things differently, and show off some l337 skill while you do it
  16. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Don't take this as me being a **** Ian, but did you confirm what you said with a dev or are you just inferring what you told me from Eka's original post?
  17. Ian

Ian New Member

I'm just making suggestions based on the original post. They don't want you to send them a complete game, they want you to send them an edited montage of your best gameplay and most insane moments in MNC
  18. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Yeah, they judged asked for YouTube links though, and a lot of us who post on YouTube post full games, which is why I'm confused. :)
  19. Ian

Ian New Member

Yeah, you gotta edit it and upload it ;) They're not giving you free swag for recording a game, they're giving it to you for doing all that hard editing work that they don't have time to do :D
  20. DeadStretch

Just think if we all submitted full game videos imagine how long it would take them to go through it all. These are your best moments not your best games.