Small things I noticed

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Remy561, February 10, 2014.

1. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I've been looking at some youtube TA mod movies and saw this.

At 1:58 when I compare Complete Annihilation to PA I think PA is a bit too flat. I would like more height differences in PA because the mountains we have now do look a bit out of place. Or PA's units are just a lot bigger than they are in this mod so the height doesn't matter that much. Also the terrain detail and the more metalish looking units seems to help a lot in making it look more realistic. They say everything in PA is a placeholder but I think the art in PA has its own artstyle so I doubt it will change that much.

I also really liked the explosion effects and laser beams they shoot at 0:25 in the video underneath.

I know that PA is still in development en small effects will come later but atm I think this mod looks better than PA on the battle side. This is not a complaint, I just hope the dev's look at these things later and make look PA even better :) I am looking forward to some graphical updates on PA and I can't wait for more explosions and reclaimable metal wreckages. I also bet that the score will add a lot of feeling to the game as well. But I do understand that all the units and main functions need to be build first. ;)
    Last edited: February 10, 2014
    carlorizzante likes this.
  2. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

After looking at your video. We definately need more long lasting laser attacks.

Remy, if you take a look at the live streams from a couple months ago, and compare the visual effects to the playtests these last few weeks. You can see the beginnings of cool graphic effects being added into the game. I just recently saw the Air fabricators given cool little blue jets that look futuristic. I too can't wait for when Uber decides to go into full polish mode. However, polish requires really good back-end optimization so the polish really shines. (I'm using the word polish a lot to mean final graphic/particle effects)

On the battle side of things. I do agree that land/air/naval units seem squishy except for a select few. However I think that comes with working with the engagements and balancing of units so they don't one hit kill each other so often. I too would like to see engagements that last longer then 10-30 seconds.
    Remy561 likes this.