Skins for DLC

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by sjwho2, June 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Not trolling, there will be no follow up. I'm genuinely curious how old you are. I'm guessing you've always had dlc in games, which would explain your vehemence on getting it here vs the responses you're getting. I don't get why that is trolling or why you have a problem answering. You want to have a thread discussing, so discuss.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Don't bother we've asked him/her plenty of question and they haven't answered any.
  3. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

I'm 20. how old are you?

If the game was good in the first place, which is rare nowadays, it shouldn't need DLC at all. I think Dragon Age origins was the first game that I absolutely hated since on day one it had DLC on the disk, and not only that it was a big portion of the game.

Some games that actively update themselves like WoW and Globabl Agenda prosper a lot from updates. Some games put stupid DLC and leave it in there(TF2). I haven't seen ANY game be hurt from skin DLC, especially not ones that have it already in-game.
    --------------------------------------

But this isn't any harm to gameplay so i hardly see why everyone is so anti-dlc on it. It would only benifit Uber and players.

I find this whole thread pretty funny, because people are so against skins for DLC. Skins. Something that wouldn't influence anything in gameplay besides looks, already in the game, and have already been made.

Its really the same as KF's dlc. So i hardly see the point of so many people against it.
    Last edited: June 30, 2011
  4. Goose

Goose Active Member

You should lock this honestly.
  5. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

I've answered all of them(within reason) actually. I think I got a few that had nothing to do with the topic, but for the majority I have answered.

Still, since no one posted any harm this idea would cause, and i posted benifits.....

its a good idea/suggestion.
  6. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

i agree with goose; he made his wish and we all heard it
  7. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I don't think they're against the idea as hard as you think, but more against your attitude an unwillingness to let it go. I don't think it's a horrible idea, but it does eliminate the uniqueness for those people that got it legitimately, like people who attended PAX. While there is indeed a few reasons for them to do it, people wanting them to remain exclusive are just as valid as you wanting them to not be exclusive. So you're not wrong or making a bad suggestion, but you won't make that concession to anyone else. Instead you repeat that anyone that argues is spoiled, call them names and refuse to see it from any other perspective than 'I want it, they could make loot, I should have it too.' Further you spammed the forums with multiple posts saying the same thing, and your first, what 40(?) posts have been arguing that you should have what you want. That's just plain spoiled dude, and unfriendly.

We get it, they could make money and make you happy. But get this: by not having them it feels like a respite from companies that find a way to charge you for every little thing. It also reinforces the idea that some people get some things that are exclusive to them. I personally think that's cool as hell and I'm happy someone is doing it. You've already said that you don't begrudge them for Beta gear; the other outfits pretty much fit the same concept - you were at a certain place at a certain time and got a reward. Why is beta sacred but not PAX?

tl;dr: Agree to disagree, your point is valid and so is ours.
    Exclusive outfits are an awesome concept, please don't take that away from other players. And I agree with goose, let sj get his last word in and lock this biznutch.
  8. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Rofl, people CONTINUALLY asked/spammed "WHY DO YOU WANT IT?!"

Then complained, over and over why i didn't respond. When i finally respond*(just so they would stop spamming), its bad that i pointed out why i wanted it because "that makes me selfish" But hey, its perfectly fine if people think that this shouldn't be DLC simply because they want other people to not have it. What hypocrisy.

I'm fine with this being closed. This game doesn't want change and EDF is coming out soon.

I shouldn't have wasted my time with such a **** game's forums. Oh well.

Tried to help, guess some games are just better left with idiot fanboys being their only players. (Reminds me of Exteel lol)
    ---------------------------------------------

Have fun playing a game where the developers don't give two shits about you, even when you suck their **** all day.
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Ok. Say no more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.