Skins for DLC

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by sjwho2, June 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbert

Robbert New Member

There is one downside for them: They feel that then they betray the old players. You don't make a reward buyeble. We were here. We got. You weren't here. You didn't get it.

/thread
  2. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

You get free content, while others have to pay. Problem solved.
    -Beta skins would of course remain locked.

They benifit, new players benifit, Uber MAKES MONEY.

Edit: this whole "older players feel betrayed" thing is really stupid anyway. The older players, pretty much every one of them who commented said they don't mind not having the skins anyways. So what if they cater to new players? Thats how video games SHOULD BE. The whole idea of the patches in the FIRST place was to get new people to join the game, you are wrong in saying they were meant for the older players, they were meant to get newer players to join.
    Last edited: June 25, 2011
  3. Robbert

Robbert New Member

One question. Why do you want it? If you answer that to my liking, I will start talking again.
  4. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Why do I want it? (Idc if you talk again or not anyway, you didn't even read the thread before you posted in the first place)

I want it because:
    1. I played Global Agenda, same problem, but it was solved. Except these events weren't even in-game based, they were just "ownership" GA's were mission(really easy missions) oriented at least. But they were for one random week 5 months before i played, after obtaining all in-game items and lvls the last thing to look forward to were flair items. People in the game literally had hundreds of thousands(thats a LOT) of tokens and nothing to spend it on because flair items were not purchasable.

2. I feel like these are the stupidest types of events. I understand/support christmas stuff, and holidays, but giving items that aren't holiday oriented and by all means just for owning the game is lame.

3. Of course, i want the skins.
  5. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

K since you are so retarded I'll habe to say it loud. Tiki is totaly right. Same like with Tf2, you can't get the Halo or the Medal anymore, neither you can get "hat of purchase". So why the hack are you arguing here. If you dont like the game because you cannot have gold shoulder or eyepatch, then you have some srs problems
  6. Robbert

Robbert New Member

So you are just saying want them? It isn't 100% your fault you weren't here back then. The skins are there (except for tf2 one) to show to other people: i've been here since the beginning, i've been here a long time. You shouldn't be able to buy such prestige. It was ment for that and it will be ment for that.

If there comes another skin, you get it too. But we don't get a gameplay advantage, so the only way you are at a ''disadvantage'' is that you can't show: i've been here so long.

Not everything in the world has to be buyable, something has to remain what they were ment for: A thank you from the developer.

We all understand that you want to have it, but you just have to wait till the next one comes.
  7. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Have not read all the posts as most of the comments are boring, made by boys who dont want to share their toys o/

To the OP, i would not worry too much about skin dlc, they will probably come at some future point, ubers main priority is to build on the franchise and produce more content like new maps/game modes/classes etc. Then with bigger player base we can expect dlc items making the game profitable and giving players what they want.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Uber is a 17 person development team with MNC being their first game. Uber is not all about the money. What they are all about are their loyal and longtime fans.

The skins were/are rewards for their fans during a time when the game was in a rocky shape. They had to entice players to stay around somehow.

Let me ask the OP, what skin/s are you whining for the most?

Also before you say it again, what happens to another game and their situation does not work for all.
  9. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Wow people keep repeating themselves, i guess even for mods reading before you post is forbidden on this forum.

Yeah i'm done here, not gonna bother wasting my time repeating my self to a bunch of idiots who can't read before posting.

My point was that you could make it DLC. Everyone profits in a way. Uber actually makes money.

The only thing you guys keep complaing about is "older players would feel betrayed" and low and behold, the people who posted who owned the skins wouldn't mind not having them.

Ok seems i'm done here, because my point was proven and no one has provided any proof of any real harm. Thats what this thread was for, and thats what this thread has done. Apperantly even in the correct section people spam useless crap.
  10. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

sigh
    everyone has read what you have written, you are the one that wont listen
    the skins are bonus items for time played and for events end of story
    the best hope you have is to buy a cardboard tube samurai code off of someone that went to PAX
    you would then have the rarest skin in the game
  11. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

You are the one repeating himself on multiple threads, so **** off
    Last edited: June 26, 2011
  12. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

uh huh

okay...?

lolwut?
  13. DeadStretch

Bottom line: Uber isn't all about the money.

Tip for the future: Actually read what others type and have to say. Just because you have no argument or response does not mean WE did not read what you wrote.

Fyi I actually read all the posts you made, even the ones in the other 4-5 alike threads.
  14. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Uber is deffinitely all about the money. Its nice that you defend your site and all, but Uber, like any other game company is all about the money.

In the end, just like everyone else, they care about the money more than anything. BUT what is the one way to make players buy it/keep playing it? Have a good game. If they truly weren't all about the money the game would be free. Now do I think being about money is bad? NO, this is what makes the game industry in the first place. I'm GLAD they are all for the money.

You guys aren't even posting arguments or such. Saying "it was a reward for oldies" is nice and all, but i'm making a suggestion.

The suggestion is to change that and make it payable DLC. Like before i keep posting benifits and they vastly outway any harm it would do.

So Unless you guys have anything besides "betrays older players" then stfu. Because i've already went over that and no one has argued anything more on it.

And Dead if you read everything, including OTHER PEOPLES POST why did you spam the same crap?
  15. DeadStretch

If Uber was all about the money, as you claim every gaming company is, they had many chances to put a price tag on their content. Uber being the giving company that they are gave all the skins, even the Super Special PAX skin away for FREE.

Now this is where I asked you a question because I don't play the PC version therefore I don't know which skins are and aren't available but which skin/s is it that you want so much?

It's the mentality that you have, that many other gamers have, that allows gaming companies to nickle and dime it's consumers.

I would ask you the same question.
  16. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Nickle and dime? Oh gee, nickle and dime the the NEW Players then! Shouldn't that be a reward for the old players? They don't need to purchase the new skins because they already own them!

Thats my point, you deny new players access on the presumption that uber "isn't about the money." Well whats better? Giving access to content WHICH YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY but you CAN.

Or denying content saying "we aren't about money"?

Being about money or not is simply stupid accusation anyway. The content is OPTIONAL and COSMETIC. If you really have a problem with skins being money DLC then gtfo.

The players who don't want it, don't buy it. Its as simple as that.
  17. DeadStretch

You still didn't answer my question that I asked you twice.

My nickle and dime comment did not pertain to this company. It was more for the "big wig" game companies. The prices are going up and the amount of content is going down.
  18. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

What, which skins?

I care not for the beta tester, although I would like all the others.

Again, before you continue to not provide anything on-topic, i know what each skin event was already.
  19. DeadStretch

Event? The only skin tied to an event I can think of was Uber at PAX. The rest were free with the patch updates, of course the beta and TF2 gear are excluded.

As far as I knew all the other skins come with the game. I'll have to look into this...
  20. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Ok i'm not going to define the definition of events to you. Your a big boy, use google.

Meanwhile, my suggestion is still standing and so far its still good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.