Skins for DLC

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by sjwho2, June 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Put up skins for DLC.

Do the same thing as killing floor, 1.99 a pack. Thatway Uber makes a lot more money, and it everyone can look cooler.

Since you already have mutiple skins that can't be unlocked. Just unlock them for money!

Simple, easy, and profitable.
  2. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Problem 1.

The skins given are rewards for being around for so long. Keep with MNC and you might have a larger skin list.

Problem 2.

The other problem people don't talk about much with TF2 is that the hats subtract from the unique aesthetic TF2 has built up over time. Understandably MNC is more comedic but there is such a thing as too much.

Its like making a beautiful custom made white and gold wedding cake. The chef decides that the couple deserves a little extra to make the cake even more special for them and uses colored sugar glass to adorn the cake.

Sure its even more beautiful and special now but it breaks the experience of the cake should the chef decide "You know what jellybeans, JELLYBEANS EVERYWHERE!". It makes the cake look tacky and covers over its uniqueness.
  3. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

Ehm...cake is a lie...so you are telling us lies.
    Ill stick with my Tf2 MNC skins anyway
  4. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

-.-

1. Hey think about new players. A player just joined. He doesn't ever get to have old skins for the sake of "you didn't own the game before this time" reason. And they won't put them up for DLC.(for the sake of less profits i guess).

2. I'm saying release the ALREADY ON THE GAME content for DLC.

You can't argue it would make the game uglier like TF2, because its already there. And saying a few people get skins just because they owned the game before the new players isn't right either. Especially since the majority weren't pre-order items.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Making it DLC would provide more money for the company, more money i might add, to make more content if they so chose.

It worked for Killing floor and Global Agenda(who had the same problem as MNC till they patched it in and made lots of money off it).
    ----------------------------------

The only people against this are the ones who already own the skins lol.
  5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Yay, skins you can buy, now that will fix the game.

Get your priorities straight.
  6. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Fix the game? It will help and encourage new players.

And its pretty easy compared to programming entire levels or events.
  7. Vlane

Vlane New Member

How is it helping or encouraging new players?

Balance changes are easy to make and far more important.
  8. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Uh, by going "hey we have content that you don't have to own the game since it came out to get".

Lol balancing changes are "easy" i guess, but everyone always complains about balance issues no matter what anyway. Check WoW for reference.
  9. Vlane

Vlane New Member

That is not helping or encouraging new players and doesn't fix the actual problem.

The official WoW forum is one of the worst ones in existence and Blizzard should never, ever listen to the people there, yet they do. That's why WoW is unbalanced.
  10. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

tf2 hats ruined games that try and give people skins or little features for playing
  11. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Uh the skins are already THERE like it or not. So your point is moot.
  12. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

im saying that tf2 has made people want the skins rather then just play with what they have, they don't add any bonus if you wanted them, you should of gotten the game earlier then, tough luck for you.
  13. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

TF2?

Look, i played TF2 when it came out. By the time the hats came out i stopped playing.

I'd cite global agenda, they did great on skins/flair items. And they changed from event only from months back to DLC with purchase and from what i hear, it was quite a profitable move for them.
  14. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

uber doesn't seem to greedy though i mean free DLC's? not many games do that these days, especially xbox games (this was a xbox game when the first dlc was released) just stop complaining about the skins, its a reward for some people others miss out on the reward because they weren't playing at said time
  15. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I'm going to resort to the argument that older players would feel cheated out of their skins. Having the skins is indeed its own little record of prestige. I know that many new people will want them but you probably won't even have to wait too long for a more awesome skin.

I just don't think that with the way that skins were rewarded in MNC that going the GA route would work well. There would probably be some form of backlash from older players and the few who think "Purchasable flair? OMFG so TF2 ripoff" Then again getting rid of those few could be worth it.
  16. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

The older players are a very small minority.

Keeping skins only available to a small minority as opposed to making everyone equal is just bad design and only hurts the games community in the end.

This game has the EXACT same situation GA had. the developers of GA made the community happy and made money off of it.

Older players, the very small minority that they are, shouldn't be so selfish just because they owned the game before someone else.
  17. Goose

Goose Active Member

Older players are the minority? A couple weeks ago all there were were "older players". Just wait until the rest of the newbies leave.
  18. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Uh your point is that we should just discourage new players and people who just bought the game?

Hey thats a great idea, lets put skins that new players can never get. That way they will never, ever feel equal to someone who just bought the game before them.

Funnier than that, this game is more skill based than lvl based. So the skins are the only content unreachable for any new players. I was going to invite friends to play this game, but the "you can't have items just because you bought the game later" thing discouraged them lol.

Lets not give those new players equality.
  19. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

why are skins so important to you? they don't do anything for you except add some looks, i would still be playing this game even if it didn't have skins and your trying to say that these things will stop people from playing? REALLY?! are you stupid, its just a different look it adds NO bonus just stop complaining about something because you came to the party later then the others
  20. sjwho2

sjwho2 New Member

Its game content. I paid for my game same as you, I deserve the same access to content.(i paid for the game without the steam sale in case you wanted to know).

How about this:
    Make skins already in game for DLC costing money.
    To justify this for older players, they get the skins free.

They benifit by not having to buy the skins, while new players have the OPTION to buy them.
    ------------------------

What is the real harm in adding skins for purchasable DLC?

I've already posted the benifits, and i see no harm, why isn't this a good idea?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.