Should this subform be renamed?

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by lokiCML, August 28, 2014.

?

Should this subform be renamed?

Poll closed September 27, 2014.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

or merged with support! its parent.;)
    Last edited: August 28, 2014
  2. tg230

tg230 New Member

Personally I think it should be merged with the Support parent forum if the software supports it. Subforums of a subforum are not very visible as evidenced by some of the Linux users in General Discussion threads not being aware of the threads related to Coherent_UI issues here.

Also there are already Linux issue threads in the parent forum so it doesn't seem like the distinction of this being "The Linux Forum" is actively being enforced by the staff.
    lokiCML likes this.
  3. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

That's probably the better solution. Although Mod Discussions subforms seem to be noticed.
  4. ottovoncheesebiscuit

ottovoncheesebiscuit New Member

I think that Windows should have its own sub forum, and Linux should have its own sub forum and OS X should have its own sub forum for start-up issues. When you click on "Support!" it's easy to miss the "Mac and Linux Getting Started"
    Maybe there aren't Windows start-up issues any more, I don't know.

I have Ubuntu 14.04 and about every other time I download the latest version and play, it doesn't work. There has almost always been a solution, but they are getting harder and harder to find.
  5. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Active Member

Not only that, only Mac has a stickied known issues thread in this subforum! The consistency of our support infrastructure needs to be improved.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I have topic on Steam already so I decide to not create one here especially because I can't lock it for example.
  7. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Active Member

Oh? I didn't realize you were using the Steam resources, I will look into it.
  8. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

I could post a sticky to link to your Steam thread if you want, or lock the known issues thread for you after you create it here.
    shootall likes this.