Should T2 air transport should become T1?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by phlogistinator, July 31, 2014.

1. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

T1 transport for T1 units, T2 transprts for everything, sounds good to me.
  2. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I also think that with a slow drop-off animation (which I absoluely expect to be implemented before 1.0 - the current teleport just looks silly) and slower movespeed they may very well go into T1.
  3. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I personally think they are fine as is - keep them in T2.

Should they be brought back to T1, combined with the 3 factory start and commander eco etc you would sprawling over the map in a matter of minutes.

To those saying the Comm's AA weapon will counter the transports - not if they drop outside a base - to rush someone you just need to have units in their base before they are prepared "Being caught off-guard" and to do this you do not have to drop the units ON TOP of a commander or a base, instead you would only need to have 1 air factory producing transports, 2 vehicle factories on infernos and when you are ready, drop them just outside your opponent's base. Then all you need to do thereafter is waltz in.

Counterable, yes - with scouting to see what's going on, being on the ball with ragard to hummingbird patrol and population and good use of tanks/infernos.

My main worry with moving them back to T1 is the super-fun-happy-rapid expansion all over the planet - if you dont like your spawn, go to another before 1 minute and still have a presence at your original, or just send fabbers everywhere - personally, I feel it would be too chaotic.

Do not forget the resources of time and, more importantly, attention.
  4. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Pretty sure you can do that with air fabbers already, better/faster than you could with land fabbers in transports...
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Interestingly TA and Spring both have T1 air transport without these issues, however the way it is handled is not something that Uber will do with PA given the way they're going with balance.

In TA, you had *much* less metal. The starting metal gave you just enough to run your first factory and the factory itself was paid for using initial storage. This means you could get early transports (which was handy on some maps) but you couldn't get the units *as well* so it didn't prove much help really.

PA has always had much higher resource production in relation to the cost of things so the game is faster paced, making the transport an issue at T1. Not that I think that's a problem, however I think you'd have to nerf it to the point of being useless to make it balanced at T1 so it's probably best left where it is.
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

if they cant get it into t1 they should just replace it with a air multiunit transport in the future imo ...
  7. elodea

elodea Post Master General

I do, but they would need to move way more slowly than currently, cost more, and the ui needs to be able to handle multi unit loading/unloading gracefully.

Drop play is fun, but unfortunately the masses may not deem it suitable for PA where all micro must be killed with fire for some reason.
    Last edited: July 31, 2014
    aevs likes this.
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Ah, this is the same troll that used to keep starting threads on the steam forum and then changing the title after a day or so. Mods, you can't ban this guy fast enough.
  9. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

U can use the ferry system that was present in Supreme commander no micro needed.
  10. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

I think keeping it T2 and dropping multiple units might be the better option, IMO this should be implemented soon, multiple unit transports would help orbital too. The thing is, I don't see the devs discussing this very much so i don't know if they plan to do it or how soon.
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

hell, id even go for a transport squad as a single entity for a multi-unit transport....s.

Like 5 unit's all acting as one, to facilitate larger drops.