Should Bomb Bots Leap?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ciberx15, January 20, 2014.

1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Booms are good enough from what I can see, why would they need to jump?
  2. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

Just so you know, it originated from RCBM. Burntcustard saw the awesomeness of this creation and asked if he could add it to his mod.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  3. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I based my booms jumpy-ness on RCBMs, but its gone through quite a bit of tweaking (like the 'splosion marks). Might be worth having a look and putting stuff from it back into RCBM :)
  4. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

I don´t think jumping will enhance them!
    Oh, and BTW: I think they are very-well balanced at the moment!
    Perfect if you know the position of the enemy commander, but he´s placed inside a huge base...
    ...just send a few hundereds of BOOMs and he´ll be BOOMed! :D
    Only good counter are mass Tier I Bombers---or walls---both things not everybody would include in his or her playstyle ;)
  5. onyxia2

onyxia2 Member

Just for this ^ and this alone I would support that unit cannon cause that would be epic!

banelings did alot of damage to buildings, you wouldn't blow up a CC with em but you'd definitely use 5 of em to kill a bunker or a cannon and pylon for sure! Baneling busts is a deadly all in strat :) What they weren't good at doing was blowing up armored units, unless of course if they were clustered together and you could carpet bomb with baneling overlords or burrowing :) I was a zerg player btw ';..;'