Shotgun Support

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Xx Tikki xX, March 5, 2011.

1. Mail

Mail New Member

In the intervening time I actually have screwed around with it. It's quite nice! Healing other people is a bit slower, though. I'm trying to fit in rate somewhere.
  2. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

maybe try it without the skill, as big of a hit as it might be, or even armor since the changes
  3. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I've been trying a new strategy lately: The AIRSTRIKE SUPPORT!

Basically I go around tossing airstrikes/kamikaze grappling. I actually manage to go positive most of the time.
  4. fischbs

fischbs New Member

Gold RoF
    Silver Armor
    Bronze accuracy
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Mine is gold rof, silver armor,bronze skills.

Rof helps more than you might think on the shotgun. With gold rof and silver armor, the only thing that will consistently beat you at close range is the tank's knockdown charge. Rof also helps for healing teammates, for regaining health off the enemy bots, and for taking out turrets with the hurt beam.

Silver armor is pretty obvious. You're running around getting in faces, stop you're bound to be taking some damage.

Skills are still important, so I give them at least bronze. Your airstrike is the best answer to enemy firebases, and is pretty good against regular turrets too. Neglecting the use of your own firebase would be a mistake, even if it's not your main focus.

Speed would also make a good endorsement, but I just try to make sure I pick up the bots any time I see them.
  6. Mail

Mail New Member

Don't speed pickups only drop from pros, jackbots, or bullseye anyway?
  7. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

haven't had time to properly try this build out, stupid school assignments :( will be trying it out this weekend and will try out one with gold speed to
  8. Darrus Dreadtiger

Darrus Dreadtiger New Member

I found it hard to find a build that I enjoy. Earlier i've been using Skill/Armor/ROF because I hoped that gold skill would help me keep the base turrets in shape. Didn't quite have the impact I hoped it would... then I went to ROF/armor/skill, so I can outheal more damage input caused against towers and players.

Now, i'm actually running Acc/ROF/skill, because i'm confident as f**k, that I can evade assassins if I just stay focused enough.... and actually i've been pretty successful with it.

Actually, most of my builds don't contain amor anymore, because I've learned, after playing a lot, how most assassins can be dealt with safely. All the other classes can be handled without armor pretty well... and many builds I have rely on all three endorsements, so there really is no space for armor. Only builds I have where I still use armor are Sniper and Tank... and I don't know for how long i'll keep it like that.
  9. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

What does the Accuracy endorsement do for the shotgun?
  10. verden

verden New Member

I've tried out several builds, though the one I'm sticking with and actually found most useful all around, is using Gold speed/Silver health regen/bronze armor.

The bronze armor is pretty much all you need as you in most situation got the speed to get away and regen takes it from there. Currently I've been using it a lot as solo, and speed gives you an incredible edge when jumping around gunners. It also tends to be great for a constant healer. Hard to hit, and back to full health if not killed more or less instantly.

It is DEFINITELY a build you need to adapt to. Be sure to hit on every shot with the shotgun, or that gunner will f*** you up :D

I don't play a mean support or anything, so there's probably tons of other ways it could be more useful, but in this case, this is surely what works for me!

I spec 3-4 and primarily use the turret as botkiller or decoy.
  11. Darrus Dreadtiger

It tightens the spread cone of the shoutgun. Makes the shotgun hit more precisely and not-so-close range.

I enjoy the idea of making sure that more of the projectiles hit their target.
    On the other hand i'm experimenting with builds now and then.
    Last edited: March 17, 2011
  12. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Nope, due to some discrepancy in the convars it is currently believed that it only alters the reticle without altering the function of the game.
  13. Darrus Dreadtiger

That's strange, because the tracers emitted give seem to pretty much show that the cone is tightened

It MIGHT be only felt, but I feel much more successful in combat with this build :I
  14. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

I just played a game as shotty support because I forgot to rebind my keys for my travel mouse.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/359iee0.jpg

No it was not a 45 minute game. It was standard 15/20 minutes or whatever. Needless to say I went pretty damn well :lol:
  15. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

dem some beginner assassins aye? :) regardless good score