Shameless Self-Advertising (Orbital Warfare Overhaul Mod)

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by emraldis, October 28, 2014.

1. wilhelmvx

wilhelmvx Member

Literally one of the nicest mods in the game.
    Well done 11/10.
  2. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Glad to hear that you like the mod.
    Always nice to hear that people enjoy and appreciate your work, it really encourages us to continue trying to bring more additions into the game which the players will also hopefully enjoy.
  3. kirua40

kirua40 New Member

Hi all :)
    To start I am sorry for my poor English that is really not my strong point (I'm french)
    I wanted to install the mods that I discovered by chance during a game ( very nice mods ) . So I installed MMAP and the mod but can not make it work : ' (
    Let me explain.

- I start I check PAMM although the mods is selected and I run PA .
    - Multiplayer ==> Custom == > Create game
    - And the loading of the planets is just endless. No friend did not reach me (Friends is on)
    And I do not have the small window like what the mods is launched .

Yet I have a very good pc , I think I have done **** for the installation of PAMM & mods .
    I tried reinstalling but nothing happens , it does not work .

A little help will be welcome . Thank you in advance.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Loading will not be endless, but it will take several minutes. Be sure not to change the system until you can see a server mods box in the bottom right corner.
  5. kirua40

kirua40 New Member

Is that correct the problem :)
    I waited 15-20 minutes and nothing touched nothing without departing system ^^

A friend who has a pc less powerful than mine , no worries . So ...
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The load time is so that the server can download the mod from your computer. If you have poor upload speed, it can take a while longer.
  7. kirua40

kirua40 New Member

1.40 Mo/s on download... I think this is more than enough ^^
  8. mgmetal13

mgmetal13 Active Member

What is your upload speed? Also, try playing a local game against the ai, and see if that works.
  9. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Yeah for some reason it takes quite a long time for certain people to load even if you have good internet. (It's just ubers servers). Just make sure that you are using servers closest to your location. you can switch between different servers in the settings under server. (options being us, au, eu and local). Other than that all thats needed is patience. At least until Uber fixes their servers.
  10. hungryheffly

hungryheffly New Member

Am i the only one who cant create a server with this mod? whenever i try it either freezes, or when i change the system it says building planets forever and everything looks glitchy, like it resets it back to free for all, and i dont see my name.
  11. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Did you wait long enough? This is a rather large mod that needs to be uploaded to the Uber servers and that may take a while. Especially since upload speeds are usually way lower than download speeds for most ISPs.

To see if that it the case, can you try it with the local server? If your computer has more than 8GB of RAM (and more then 4 CPU cores), you will automatically use the local server when you start an AI Skirmish game. Otherwise you need to force it on under Settings -> Server. (Of course you may crash for running out of memory then, but it should be fine when testing with a small system such as "Berg".)
    Nicb1 likes this.
  12. hungryheffly

hungryheffly New Member

Ok, i'll try that.