Shadow new signature contest - round 2

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by XShadowStormX, September 3, 2009.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

[​IMG] WIP

[​IMG] Technicolor ;)

[​IMG] Gothic!
  2. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Oh if only you knew the ironic part of putting the Sniper in my signature. I am guessing you read his Bio information? ;)
  3. Col_Jessep

Yes, yes, of course I did!
    *leaves to read the bio again*
    Perfect, just perfect!

Currently I'm suffering from my insomnia a little. I actually read the bios but 3 hours of sleep per night kill my short-term memory. I can hardly remember what I had for lunch. I got through the day at work by leaving post-its about every little thing all over my desk... :D

I see the bots have some nice screens too. Is that new or did I just miss it last time?
  4. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

The bots will have more info as the days go on...get some darn sleep!
  5. plasma_wolf

plasma_wolf Member

Yup, what he said, get some sleep.

You're not going to get things happen faster if you sleep less to do more :p

Anyway, if it's all because of insomnia, you should really have something done about it.
  6. Col_Jessep

Yes, It's insomnia most of the time. Today I woke up after 5 hours and I feel a lot better. Now where are my bots? :D

PS: Where is all the competition? I thought somebody would have posted a new siggy concept by now!
  7. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

I might have to raid the GPG forums to pull the other people back into the MNC portion lol
  8. gnats3

gnats3 Member

Alright, fine, I'll make a sig tomorrow :p
  9. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Interesting that Shadow still hasn't put up a sig. Not even just to show off Col_Jessep's work.

I did, because I care about my peeps.
  10. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

I don't think Shadow should raid the GPG forums, they're getting a little pricky over there.
  11. Techubus

Techubus New Member

I'd describe it as more of an elitist circle jerk :D

There's still a few of us over there that don't poo on everything that doesn't conform to their narrow, PC only, gaming view.
  12. Col_Jessep

And with credits and all... :mrgreen:

The GPG forum is not a happy place today. I would stay out of there for a few days if I were you. Today they announced that there will be no ladder when the game is released, no observer, no live replays, vault or place to share replay, no map editor (well, I knew that), no modding support, no beta, no Monkeylord (poor, little guy), no hydrocarbons...

Basically the game will be released in a completely unfinished state, a lot of very nice stuff from the predecessor has been axed and important features *might* get added later. Let me put it like this: If I would describe the general state of the German SupCom community as outraged it would be an understatement, many are still in denial. I don't think most fans on GPG's forum are any happier. :evil:

PS: Hey Techubus, I'm a PC snob and I'm totally looking forward to MNC! Don't compare me to people like pkc and I won't start comparing you to Raiden, gamer8... Deal? ;)
  13. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

HEY!

i take offence.

but CJ is correct actually; it's a powder-keg there right now.
  14. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

Meh...Not scared to venture over there. Good people on them forums as noted by the awesome people in this thread.
  15. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

err... That's what happens when they block the forum at work and I have to post via iPwn. I meant to say PICKY. Really.... could be a freduian slip tho...
  16. Techubus

Techubus New Member

Lol, pretty accurate either way. Yet for some reason I've been drawn to hanging around the place for a few years now; I wonder what that says about me..

@Col_Jessep whoa there, I was in no way making such a comparison. Your very presence here excludes you from my prior statement. :)

I too am a PC snob, some games can't be played right any other way. That hasn't held me back from collecting a 360, ps3 and a Wii in my household, though. Some of those guys didn't get any farther than reading "Xbox Live Arcade" before writing off MNC, which is a damn shame.

I do sympathies with them somewhat on the whole SupCom2 front though. I just avoid that section of the forum. I see no merit in spending every day of my life bemoaning the direction of a games development on that devs own forum. That doesn't do anybody any good. If I decide I'm not going to like a game I just spend my time elsewhere. I'd much rather spend time talking with devs in a positive manner, giving constructive feedback and generally being a good fan.
  17. Col_Jessep

Sorry about the strong response to your post Techubus, I feel a little pricky today... ;)
    I'd like that better as well. However, I am admin on the German fan site and have a whole community of extremely unhappy competitive players, modders and mappers (including myself). It's kinda hard to ignore the result of the Q&A as you certainly can imagine. If we would give infractions for foul language I'd probably have to ban myself and half our staff today... :cool:

And honestly, I have little hope that adding features like a ladder (for Petes sake, a damn ladder!!!) later can save any grace. You can't patch in stuff like that a month or two after release. You guys have seen what networking problems did to Demigod. I expect a similar result for SupCom2. By the time they have added a ladder and fixed the balance the competitive player will be gone, by the time they add modding support the modders will have lost interest and by the time a map editor might be released... Well, I don't map for dead games. Starcraft II comes with a nice map editor from what I hear though... :D

Anyway, lets not talk about SupCom2, my blood pressure is already way above healthy levels.

And here is some good news: I'm celebrating my 250th post!
  18. Techubus

Techubus New Member

Congrats! :)

Yeah, no more digressions into that topic. Back to discussing all that is Uber. :ugeek:
  19. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

A few of those things were announced. Must have missed where we announced the rest of that. Hopefully the forums simmer down a bit soon.
  20. Col_Jessep

It was in the (link)-->Square Enix Q&A<--. The answers are from Chris Taylor.