Select Team false by default

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Mail, January 28, 2011.

1. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

How clever. Let's take this even further. Remove player names from the list and your only option is blue/red.

That way it's completely random except for the people that want to play with their friends and all go blue or red. Oh, kinda like TF2. :shock:
  2. Mail

Mail New Member

This isn't based on just a few matches, and it's mostly because of how one sided matches can be due to idiots. Don't misunderstand, I'm often not on the losing team, but it's no fun when we're facerolling the other team either. Besides, it doesn't seem you even read any of my posts but the OP, and even took some of that into your own weird context.

Let me turn it around on you: Why should I have to leave a server to enjoy myself when two or three dudes decide that since they did so well on icemen that round they'll all pick icemen from now on? I enjoy the social aspect of the game, but I don't have to be on the same team as my friends to have fun with them; I frequently add people I had fun playing against, in fact.

Oh and in the future try not to react so disproportionately from the actual issue at hand. "Satisfy your personal selfish needs" is a particularly stupid bit, as if I'm committing some terrible affront to the developers' greater vision, when they made an entire forum for suggestions and feedback on how the game is playing. This is my take on how the game is playing for me, and based on the thread it seems I'm not alone in this.
  3. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

You seriously do not see the selfish aspect of your post? Because you are lossing patience finding a server, you want uber to change it so that you can play on any server YOU want, while people who want a casual game with their friend have to hunt down this 200 ping empty server. You are only thinking of yourself in the OP, a more reasonable response from you would be for you to find a server better suited to your playstyle or host your own, dont change the game just to accomodate YOU.

As for whining about idiot team mates, who cares, if server is full of people with terrible skills, move on to another server, i do it all the time, there are so many servers to chose from nowadays we are really spoiled, you should not have a problem finding a good random pub game. Just dont act like you own the pub and people have to play your way or not at all.

The question you should be asking yourself is why few server admins want to disable team select, i suspect because the vast majority of the community like the FREEDOM OF CHOICE!
  4. Bun

Bun New Member

The base of his complaint was with team stacking, having team select off by default isn't a good way of fixing it but there are many other ways to deal with the issue. Acknowlege his actual complaint instead of attacking the suggested solution that got shot down on page 1.
  5. Deeja

Deeja New Member

I love doing really well in a game and selecting a team to watch everyone follow me. Some funny people play this game.
  6. Warskull

Warskull New Member

Setting it to random teams by default would be bad. Most people want to be able to play with friends. Have you considered politely asking some of the server admins to try putting up a random only server? The server admins for this game tend to be pretty awesome.
  7. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

No, he was being stubborn because he wont leave a server where two friends want to play with each other;

"Why should I have to leave a server to enjoy myself when two or three dudes decide that since they did so well on icemen that round they'll all pick icemen from now on?"

Asking for all servers to change a setting just because this guy refuses to leave a server and find a random game is selfish.

Best solution is to make friends with a server admin who shares the same view.
  8. Mail

Mail New Member

I love how you pick the most sensationalist parts of my posts out of context and don't address any actual points. I seriously can't see how someone can be this angry about this. You keep responding to the first post and not addressing any of the points in the others, to the point where it seems, once again, you're not reading my posts in their entirety, or ignoring large parts of them. The point of that bit you quoted was that it's just as unreasonable saying the opposite. You seem to react to my posts in a completely rude and angry way for no discernible reason and it's beginning to piss me off. I am not complaining about playing with friends, I'm complaining about how the method by which this is done facilitates teamstacking idiots.

I'll not be responding to you again until you're acting like less of a ****, and have more of a point to your posts than "you selfish *** stop complaining here this quote proves you have no friends and hate teamwork."
  9. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Yet the solution you provide penalises people that want to play with their friends, im not angry, just when i see a horrible idea that could potentially ruin the fun for alot of people, it deserves to get shot down, nothing personal :)

Btw im not a stacker or anything, im always random, even when friends from my steam list join, although today i did pick a colour because i saw two good players joining and always going one side, so i would pick the other colour and give them a run for their money, turns out they were using aimbots but they still lost the game because they had tunnel vision only going for kills and did not realise i pushed the bots to their base.

These are the two aimbotters if any1 is interested;

hawx
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033852681/

myst
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033892261/

Despite team stackers and hackers abusing the system, i still dont want team selection removed because innocent casual fun gamers should not be punished.
  10. bhaal177

bhaal177 Member

It's very rare that I ever see a team stacked. Usually it's just one person doing the rolling. Hell, I was pushing a team back so hard that most of them left, I ended up getting auto switched while the money ball was down and being attacked. It was about 25% when I hit the team. I dropped down 2 level 3 rocket turrets and destroyed the other team. The entire team was flabbergasted that the game turned around so quickly against them just because I was doing the main push and pro kills.

I've seen it happen in other games too. Just getting steam rolled and than one player gets switched and the entire game gets turned around. The only time it would ever be considered horrendous team stacking is if there was a good coordinated clan stomping pubs. Even than, it's practice to them and you would deny them their right to practice?

So my point being. Generally the stacking has to do with a single player that knows what he's doing.