Scam/Piracy Sites Popping Up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, April 4, 2013.

1. user4574

user4574 New Member

Im pretty big! :lol:

But I have always had the policy of buying things with cash! No matter how awesome something is, Call me old school, But If I can not give someone physical cash and they cant give me physical goods, I do not buy it!

I can never get scammed that way!

So When PA is released I will be happy to wait at my local computer store for my physical copy!

As much as I would have loved to have been part of the kickstarter It violates my principles and I stand here with my cash in my hand waiting for the news that copys start shipping! :D

[​IMG]
  2. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

User, you may be waiting a while. At this time, we have no immediate plans for retail copies. We'll continue to investigate options, but we can't guarantee if or when you'll be able to buy a physical copy at a store.
  3. user4574

user4574 New Member

:shock:
    Im Sad Now!
  4. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Physical copy makes no sense, game will be updated probably weekly. Since its an ongoing project it will take a long time before the game reaches its optimal functionality. You can put the game on a dvd and make a custom cover though :lol:
  5. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

7. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

8. purecaldari

purecaldari Member

That's the "problem" with game development without an publisher, like Uber does here. Normally its the publishers job to handle this stuff.
    I would really recommend you buy the alpha ( or beta ) anyway. Your reasoning is absolutely valid, I will not question this, but keep the following in mind:
    1. You are making a deal with the developers directly, there is no middle-man besides the payment provider.
    2. You are directly contributing to the development of the game while its still in the making.
    3. You have the chance to get an early access, depending on the edition you buy (alpha / beta).
    And finally, assuming you're buying alpha, keep in mind that this is a special opportunity for you, personally. To watch a game be made right under your eyes, play it and participate in the development process. You can never get that from buying a finished game on a disc.

I think that are strong points, but of course you have to prioritize this for yourself.
  9. antillie

antillie Member

Refinance your annihilation now! We are able to offer incredibly low rates due to a generous investment by a wealthy Nigerian prince. And as a bonus if you act now you will receive a discount at our super low cost pharmacy!
  10. sacrificial_soul

sacrificial_soul Member

Fixed for more accuracy
  11. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

I'm just disappointed there's no one out there offering a free kitten...
  12. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Please do not post links to scam sites on the forum. Send a PM to a moderator.

The reason is that we don't want anybody to click on those links by accident. You never know what kind of malware might be on those sites. It's not always necessary to download and run something to infect your system!

PS: Cleaning the thread up now.
    shootall likes this.
  13. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

there will be retail copies in the future? am I right?