rotate camera?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by ZigCat, June 8, 2013.

1. ZigCat

ZigCat New Member

is there any way to permanently rotate the camera?
    when i play strategy games i know the layout of my base like the back of my hand, but i get really confused, when the view changes.

taking a tour around the planet usually results in me looking at my base from a different angle and then i have to re-learn the layout of my base. =(

holding down [Space] and [Middle Mouse Button] lets me rotate the cam in the way i want, but releasing either button snaps the view back to the default angle.

i'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug since it's just a nuisance but nothing gamebreaking or anything.
  2. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

hold your mid mouse button and make circles (move cursor round and round) :) this haxx will rotate it around Z axis.
  3. ZigCat

ZigCat New Member

nice
    that helps! =)

even if it basically is using one bug to solve the problems caused by another. =P
  4. thapear

thapear Member

You can also press N to align to the North.
    Or zoom in, press M, rotate camera using middle mouse and press M again.
  5. ZigCat

ZigCat New Member

that helps a lot more!
    especially the [N]-key. =)

is there a list with shortcuts somewhere other than the thread by Ekanaut?
    because obviously there aren't all shortcuts in there.
  6. raymeus3

raymeus3 New Member

The fact that when you look around the planet, the camera rotates a little every time throws me off and I find myself trying to re-orient the camera to get my base's "true north" back. My thought was, what if you could lock the camera to an equator?

I know this would mess up the camera at the poles, so you just allowed for "upside down equator lock" (to prevent a kind of gimbal lock at the poles), then you are only talking flipping your base view over once.

Anyways, I am sure I will get used to the 360 flipping all the time and just deal with it.
  7. osirus9

osirus9 Member

I have the same problem and I'd LOVE to have some kind of "up is always north" button to reset the camera rotation after you've messed with it. It's hard enough to keep track of where the enemy base is when it's far away without your base ending up "upside down" after a while, I'm not from Australia ya know! I don't like being upside down!
  8. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

9. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

Personally I wish WASD moved you and Q and E rotated the camara.
  10. RealTimeShepherd

RealTimeShepherd Member

I have a Saitek Pro Gamer command unit. I have programmed the thumb stick on there to use for rotating the planet.

Basically each direction is programmed to press an arrow key and the 'N' key at the same time. the result is beautiful rotation along whichever latitude my camera is above, always keeping the North pole at the top of the screen

I realise this might cause problems when I want to do stuff at the pole, but so far I am loving it...
  11. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

The camera should definitely respect the cardinal directions at all times. Random rotation is not desirable. Having the camera locked to a single view is also not desirable.