RIP 360 MNC

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by darkgamerone, March 7, 2011.

1. Organous

Organous Member

I'll admit that 360 MNC is in a bit of a dark age with lasers being negatively useful. I could deal with all the other stuff. All the same, I'd like to think that with the limited capability to update on console and that the PC version is very much a testing ground for Uber, it's like going to the good ol' days of craftsmanship. You know how everything's made cheaply in plastic now, but it all used to be sturdy steel? It took extra time and expense to craft things like that, but it was built to last. That's ultimately the end goal of any updates on 360 with Microsoft's policy; any updates that come out will have to be done very carefully and because of that, they should theoretically be all the more solid.

PC gamers will have lots of fun playing with plastic, and if I had a good enough PC, I would too. I'd love to get involved in that big playtesting field. Until then, I'm just going to have faith that all the various testing going on there will make for a better update on 360 when Uber can do it.

Your morale just got boosted +5. :)
  2. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

More solid and longer lasting updates is a good theory. The problem arises when newer games come out that directly compete with MNC. The lack of support for the 360 version diminishes the holding power of the game and opens the door for other objective based shooters to steal from MNC's pool of players.

Brink and Hybrid (another XBLA game) are just two games that could (and probably will) decimate MNC's playerbase.

Balance updates and/or content updates would keep players in the playerbase. No updates of any kind are going to result in the loss of many players when these games come out.

Its been four months and there are no hints that an update is coming to the 360 anytime soon. If they were to announce it by the end of the month, it wouldn't hit till may. By that time, Brink is out. More players gone also means less players to buy a paid DLC.

The quicker an update comes, the better, in every respect: money for uber and playerbase maintenance.
  3. Organous

Organous Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Uber restricted to a specific number of updates and then they're capped forever? That's the scenario I have in my head, and that definitely would make every update count. Uber's implied as such by saying they had plans for 3 DLC, one of which has already been released.
  4. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I am just sick of these WAAH NO UPDATES threads. I think they should really be instant lock-bait, but there again, there ain't no rule.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

They can only release updates that total 4mb. That includes any and all previous updates.

Here's another example: Gears of War 2 has been out since November 7, 2008 and that game has only seen 4 title updates. I would imagine Gears of War 2 to be a way bigger game then MNC and even they are restricted on what they can release and how fast/often.

Again all the information on Microsoft's policy is on the website/forums for everyone to read.
  6. Ian

Ian New Member

Gears Of War 2 had 6 title updates
  7. Fojib270

Fojib270 New Member

I thought they were on Tu6?
  8. DeadStretch

According to their website/forums and wiki they say 4.
  9. Ian

Ian New Member

10. DeadStretch

"Error: General"
  11. Ian

Ian New Member

Guess Epic didn't like how you got promoted to green, and banned you from receiving anything after TU4 :p

Also, please provide links here (or even PM me!) to the Microsoft policies. I don't see them, and I'm genuinely interested in reading what you found
  12. DeadStretch

Damn! I guess I should have bookmarked it. It took me quite awhile to find it...and that was like a year, or less, ago. I will do my best to find it...and this time I will bookmark it.

[Edit]
    Yep. They are up to TU6. I was reading old threads. That's still 6 updates since 2008 and Gears2 is a much bigger title then MNC.
  13. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

These topic are getting old.

While Jen hasn't given us any more lollipops, I think people are going a bit too far here. At the VERY least, they're acting far too early. MNC is not dead. It will not die for quite a while. Obviously, a lack of DLC will hasten this. But, as it is, it's a fantastic game that far surpassed my, or more than likely, anyone's expectations.

So, until next year, making any more "RIP MNC/NO DLC/WHY PC" threads is quite pointless, and rather irritating.
  14. Ian

Ian New Member

You're giving this game another year? Have you seen the outrageous list of awesome games coming out this year?

timmy TED New Member

^^your punishment will be to not be banned^^
  16. Fojib270

Fojib270 New Member

I don't think mnc is gonna die anytime soon. When Halo Reach and Black ops came out it seemed like all the competitive teams went to those 2. When they did new teams were formed and the number of teams have been growing since then. I mean look at the last fragged nation tournament, 12 teams were made. I mean who expected that? As we speak more and more teams are being formed and a new tournament is expected. When Shadowrun was cut off of the circuit and the developers abandoned the game everyone thought it was going to die, but in reality there were tournaments going around 3 years later.

This reply was a lot longer then I intended it to be xD
  17. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

All I want is my damned bot kill streaks. Plz.

Srsly: Brink looks like it 100 percent WILL destroy this player base. I myself do not see what the big deal is, since I think Brink will be a overly-hyped-already-been-done-before-but-still-decent-but-only-decent-game. Just what methinks, though.
  18. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

I like how everyone in this thread is implying that people can't play more than 1 game.
  19. DeadStretch

Rumor has it Brink has a very clunky control scheme....
  20. Totally Not Grec

Totally Not Grec New Member

It can't be true!

Well...it's just a rumor. A rumor that's an opinion. Besides I'm betting we can change the control scheme anyways.