Review of some top 500 players I've seen

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Liefglinde, October 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undeadlunatic

undeadlunatic New Member

yea thats true about gothic he goes more for kills. thats why when i get put on the other team i usually win. i just go assassin and avoid him and push bot lanes and then theres just not much he can do. but he is an exceptional sniper. and as many people say its just because of his ice traps. he waits for you to come to him and headshots you
  2. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I know, I was being facetious.
  3. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

Last time I played against him, a few headshots on him in his Steel Peel Sniper hideyhole (or "spawn platform," as it is normally called), and he stayed out of sight for the rest of the match.

The only way he went 54-ANYTHING is if he was playing against a team of level 0 players with no armor endorsements who rushed him nonstop. He barely got out of the single digits when we played him.
  4. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Damn you hudson, damn you stapler, and damn you scuba steve. Besides for those 3, I don't mind.
  5. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I'm always really skeptical of people who say they've gone 50+ kills. I have yet to see anyone do this. Not saying it can't be done. Just sayin'.
  6. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Seconded. I'm not saying it is impossible, or you can only do it while cheating, but being there might be 50 kills the entire game total, to see one person with 50+ kills seems suspicious.
  7. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Yeah... I believe I hit 40 once, ever, and I cross 30 occasionally. I also have yet to see anyone get 50+ kills in one match
  8. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Ive gone over 50 a handful of times, 40 every now and then (even as assassin :shock:) 30+ pretty often

Usually certain conditions must be met
    -The teams must be somewhat even so the game draws out
    -You must be playing solo (good team mates will subtract from your over all kills)
    -both your team and the other team must be fairly bad players in general

My best game was on ammo mule, I picked up bacon early in the game playing assault.
    After I had hit about a 20 kill streak, I began the perpetual juice cycle.

I ended the game in overtime, final score was something like 64-23-4

Almost every other time was as a sniper on steel peel.

As for gothic, My experiences playing with/against him are much the same.
    TDM style sniper who base camps the same exact spots every game until he has juice.

Hyper megaman also plays exactly like this, dunno if any of you guys have played him.

Side note: Like the new sig mano
  9. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

I'm not saying it can't be done either, but him? :lol:

I've played Snipers as good as me before and kept their damage to a minimum. On the other hand, I've played Snipers WAY better than me and kept their kills to maybe 20 in a fully drawn-out game, and given them some deaths to balance it out.

He falls into neither category.

FYI, on Steel Peel, I'll hold the front overlook and throw traps at the other team's jump pad to limit their pushing to the ground floor. This usually makes me public enemy no. 1 for enemy Snipers :3 As a rule, on Steel Peel, Snipers who sit in spawn or the doorways to their base and snipe at bots for juice when they're being supppressed from above can't build up juice fast enough to get many kills, considering that it's much harder to stay alive long enough to gain a full juice bar while being peppered with bullets from the top level.
  10. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I rarely break 30. Game ends too quick.

Hell, playing with the usual group, we have trouble breaking 20.

I've broken 40 MAYBE 5 times, the most recent being yesterday: Bolt and I ran a tag team of Snipers only using the SMG grapple, Grapple Skill, level 3 Traps, and Melee.

Our opposition: 5 assassins and a sniper. None had armor. On Steel Peel.

I think we each got 12 or so melee kills that game.

Bring on the MELEE PROTAGZ!
  11. xl G h o S 7 lx

xl G h o S 7 lx New Member

I've broken 90 kills a few times and plenty above 60+ which im pretty sure were all wins.its not that hard at all to do
  12. ShreddieMercury

ShreddieMercury New Member

Amaranth, saw you on today, wanted to play but I was very into Dead Rising 2 at the moment...We should play soon.
  13. Unic0rnSunshine

Unic0rnSunshine New Member

I'm flattered.

And I don't know if they're top 500, but I played with sokoto and Pandemic and Pandemic was speed-glitching while sokoto snuck behind our base and started shooting at our ball. :|
  14. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

just out of curiousity, how much $$$$ did you finish the game with?
  15. Greggyyyy

Greggyyyy New Member

none, because he made it up. i've played with the majority of this game's best .. and no one i've seen has accomplished that. at least not in a legitimate match.
  16. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

i've gone 88-1 and i'm pretty sure you and most of the forum members have played with me. there is one way to know if hes lying which is why i was asking him.
  17. Unreliable Jim

Unreliable Jim New Member

Do you have anyway of proving this?
  18. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

how would i prove this without a capture card...? i know something most people don't know unless they're capable of that score though which is why i was asking him.
  19. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Anyone, myself included, that manages 50+ kills in a game is simply kill farming. If you can manage 20+ kills but the other team is turtled I could see getting 30 or even 40 kills at most while you take down their turrets, earn juice and push your bots. 50+ means that you are simply trying to boost kills plain and simple. If you get 60+ kills and you haven't won the game already then you have some major problems and should learn how to play Crossfire again because this isn't Team Deathmatch.

Even some of the best players are guilty of boosting and I normally leave those games when I see them in the lobby (unless my friend or I have host of course since we won't get bounced every other match). I won't name any names but based on this thread I'm sure you can figure out who some of them are quite easily.
  20. Unic0rnSunshine

Unic0rnSunshine New Member

I will somewhat complain about that 60+ thing, since my best game was 65-5, and it was me on the back walkway in Steel Peel harassing them and constantly destroying their turrets.

If you have 60+ kills and all their turrets are up or your ball's down, then there's a problem.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.