Review of some top 500 players I've seen

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Liefglinde, October 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

It's ok Himi. We'll just keep making tryhard leaderboard kids go 4-17 like we did to BeatDown

I just now realized DboWill is on top of the kill leaderboards? Holy **** that kid must play 24/7, I played with and against him and raped/carried him so hard. I have made at least 1/2 of the top 10 slayers rage quit, does that mean I'm good?

And Himi speaks the truth. Neither of us would have even started posting here again if randy *** kids hadn't made 2 threads about us. Your obsessions brought us here.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Oh the irony.
  3. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I honestly think the best way to test out their skills is to just play with them in some pub matches. Playing in private matches set a sort of goal to show off. In a public match you can see how they actually play.

And, to quote Hudson again, "the truly good players let others do the talking for them." You won't see those who actually are good boasting about it. If you do, then they're really not good
  4. Himicane

Himicane New Member

The problem with that is, they have a built in excuse of, "my teammates were terrible," and that's is why playing pubs are pointless to determine that. You get good players into a game and see who rises. Yet again pubs are just meaning less in its own respects, hence leaderboards are pointless. And Hudson's quote holds some truth, but you have to judge the people who are commenting on him. Someone saying, "Hudson made me go 2-17 in a game, he is a beast," well does that make Hudson a beast or is the kid who went 2-17 really bad. You know?
  5. Himicane

Himicane New Member

I'm not being hypocritical. I'm offering to play anybody. No one is stepping up. I would be ironic if I talk and them back down from a challenge. But that wouldn't happen. Boltaction, Hudson, and Rueben, all ignored me, for what, stating opinions they didn't agree with? But they are supposed to be top players and they wont play against good people, only with them against pub randoms.
  6. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Uhhh. No. A bunch of randies can say someone's good, yet they're terrible. Truly good players let their controllers do the talking for them, and judging by Hudson's K/D his controller doesn't speak very loudly.

How the **** does "good kids don't boast, and if they do, they're not good" make any sense?
  7. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

Yeah, talking smack and being good are not mutually exclusive. Whether that is how you want it to be in the world or not, it really has no bearing on if someone is good or not. Having played competitively in games before, I can certainly tell you many of the best players talk **** constantly.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know."
    "It's better to be thought of as an *** then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
  9. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Where have I heard that before?
  10. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

I always heard it fool not ***.
  11. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

mind if i shoot you a FR lie(sorry, you have one of those"crazy" names). i would like to see where i get put here. i foresee a little too much focus on killing, but i try.

lol. deadeye. its like bragging about driving the wrong way in forza.[/troll]
  12. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

You realize you sound like a person who's trying to prove something, on a video game, right? While you yourself declare that rank=/=skill, you insist on taking on players anyway in an attempt to stroke your seemingly enormous e-peen.

If you wanna play, then try asking nicely, and for a fun game. Not like some desperate kid who wants to show off.
  13. Himicane

Himicane New Member

I have, no one took the offer.
  14. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Dear forum kids that keep falling into the same habits over and over again, let's cool it. I was told that you will all behave so I'll unlock it.
  15. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Thank you.

I'd like to get this thread back to where it began, which, if you all will read the first few pages, involved discussing play styles of different people, and even complements on some. I will change some of my initial negative reviews to reflect this.
  16. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Murdok- maybe not in leaderboards, but the kid can merk

murdered or something like that, played with us today and had some skillz
  17. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Just curious, do you go for the moneyball at all? That's not a sarcastic question, I'm just trying to understand your play style
  18. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Just start a new thread. I'll agree to a no trolling/flaming rule. :)
  19. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

can we just agree that himicane and deadeye are the best mnc players
  20. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

If I need to, yes, but most of the time I try to take care of the slaying. I don't really like to end games quick, and I know if I destroy turrets or kills too many bots/people then my teammates will end up dropping the moneyball and it could be over. If I was playing in a serious game, or needed to go for it, I would.

And Peachy, thanks for the compliment. I'm not going to say that, but I do my best. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.