Returning Player to Galaxy War (Criticisms)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Vyndicu, May 27, 2014.

1. kale7139

kale7139 New Member

we need the unit cannon to launch a bunch of troops to a planet

Attached Files:

2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

that is the last thing we need right now, there are so many balance problems currently that the unit cannon is hardly discussed.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  3. camycamera

camycamera Member

i just beat a faction leader, and i had a similar situation. i had to play it twice though, because the first time the enemy commander smashed a planet into mine.

anyway, i just sent some laser satellites after i found out where the commander was hiding. the other 2 enemy commanders got destroyed by my sub commander though.

but yeah the solution for me was to spam loads of laser satellites, land them on the enemy planet, and possibly bring an advanced orbital satellite as well to see where the commander is. they die in 2 hits from a laser satellite. it was an instant win, although kinda boring because i wanted to try build a warpgate on their planet and throw the massive army i had on my planet on them.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Agreed.

Thankfully Uber is focusing on balance quite a bit.
  5. Guilliman

Guilliman New Member

Introduce T2 troop carriers: Slower and more expansive. Carries 6 T2 units, or 10T1 units.

Fix troop carriers so they don't need to align so much to land. Order land = see an open spot, land immediately and drop cargo then return to flight to allow space for more landings.

This will be a lot less laggy and allow for more AA spam to be dropped in a short timeframe.

Or introduce mobile shields. But that's the devil's work if the loud-mouths on the forum are to be believed.
  6. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

People mostly just shut up about it when Uber gave a firm answer.

I think interplanetary invasions have gotten better as orbital and interplanetary nukes have improved and though late-game stalemates can be an issue the majority of new players get trounced before then, while the majority of experienced players know how to set a map up to avoid stalemates, and usually try to avoid it in-game.

Cheaper Astraeus' (or some one-way cheap equivalent) and providing Orbital Factory Load/Unload Rally Orders in the UI is what's needed.
    igncom1 likes this.
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

The Astraeus is already pretty cheap. It used to cost a lot more. And when you get late game and you control a planet to invade another planet, then it's easy to make a ton of them. When I control a planet, I can make hundreds of the astrauses no problem.

The biggest problem with the astraeus is them lining up into the neat little rows before landing. If your opponent has any form of orbital defense, the Astraeus is 100% worthless. Also, it's fairly effective to amass a bunch of orbital fabbers and a ton of avengers to cover and then use the Fabbers to quickly build anchors and/or a teleporter.
    eroticburrito likes this.
  8. tidus1492

tidus1492 Member

There definitely has to be a way to win these currently no-win scenarios when you have the economy to do so. At least making orbital to ground available as default or something would make it playable right now since if you get no good techs in the first few moves and start off on a planet with islands you can't actually win.