[Request] Commander Traits (in lieu of factions)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mrog, August 29, 2012.

1. brettc208

brettc208 New Member

I agree with all the people who said that it's like MMO stuff. I like getting a bonus for the type of units I will be using but it should be done in game, not before! It should cost in game points IDK what type of currency they plan to go with but should take away from building additional units. Instead of upgrading all units what about just upgrade a single unit? Have a squad of elite units that move fast with extra armor that do more damage. That would be cool.
  2. zordon

zordon Member

I think the main effect of this will be that it encourages certain strategies and limits others, which will reduce the strategic options available not increase them.
  3. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

I really dislike the idea of any kind of commander leveling/upgrades/traits. It was the thing I hated more than anything in SupCom (you could get upgrades there). The game should focus on macromanagement. Changing little things like a single units stats is completely micromanagement.