[Req] Shield's

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by skypheonix20, August 29, 2015.

1. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

I cant see the devs making shield's as it would probably break balance too much so i was wondering if its possible to maybe make a mod, ideally i would be hopping for shield's like they had in SupCom.

There's a sense of security with shield's, i panic when i see army's that's heading my way, with shield's in SupCom i always felt like i could build a decent enough base defense and my own army to hold them off, i prefer playing turtley but i know PA's focus is on mex control and active raiding, these i find difficult to do (hence why i mostly watch games), with wreckage being added back into the game it might be viable to play defensive and then reclaim my enemy's remains.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/bubble-shields-in-pa-t.69987/

shows there is people who like the shield's idea. :)
    Last edited: August 29, 2015
    jurak and philoscience like this.
  2. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I would like to second this request. The community is fairly divided (60/40 for against) on the issue and a functional mod could help us actually see the impact shields of various settings have.
  3. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see one as well, even though I don't actually want to play with shields - everything's better as an option.
  4. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Thanks. Sorry for being a bit nasty to you in the other thread.
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

There may or may not be shields in my forum sig.