[Req] Controls in System Editor to edit CSG on XYZ scales.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eroticburrito, May 28, 2015.

1. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Hello Uber and fellow Forum goblins,

I like editing maps, and have been using the directedit mod. However it is laborious to manually input CSG dimensions when altering objects' XYZ dimensions. Why is this important, you ask? Because it's frickin cool, and useful if you want "interesting terrain" to be easier to make.

So my request is that we have controls for increasing and decreasing CSG height, width and length scales via buttons in the same way that we have them currently for increasing all three at once. This will let us create more interesting terrain and muck around with CSG to make things like:
    • High accessible mesas (ramps would be much easier to make for these, as you could stretch your ramp to fit the mesa. Currently it's a faff.
    • Cities out of metal CSG.
    • It also means you're getting more bang for your single CSG buck, because we can warp a single CSG into several different things. E.g. a sky-scraper, a factory, a length of wall, a large low platform.
    This stuff is possible via directedit, but I encounter crashes and corrupt files and have to regenerate planets constantly, hoping that the scales I guess for XYZ fit whatever I'm trying to make. It would be much more useful to see the CSG stretch along whatever axis I'm altering with buttons, in the same way that it scales overall now.

Any thoughts? Anybody think they'd use this?
    warrenkc and cdrkf like this.
  2. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Look in the options, there are buttons to modify csg height and width. I would suggest binding these to a repeating macro, instead of pressing it 1000 times.
  3. eroticburrito

Aha! Nice, thank you. How do I set up a repeating macro, sorry?
  4. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Just press and hold the button...? Works for me
  5. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

You shouldn't have to setup a repeat macro. Commands that are intended to be repeated should work correctly if you hold down the button.
    eroticburrito likes this.
  6. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Then it isn't working as intended :)
    websterx01 likes this.
  7. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I have a fix.
  8. eroticburrito

[​IMG]

Good man!