Reprogrammer Unit - Converts Units to your side.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cnmcdee, December 21, 2013.

1. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

In supcom, using UEF Kennel drone swarms for capturing was rather hilarious.

Still one of my favorite units.
    I wonder if it'll be viable to do this with air fabbers? :p
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  2. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Disabling units? That would just make anti disabling mandatory everywhere.

In my opinion we don't need annoying powerful units that are only effective if your enemy forgot to build defense units/structures against them.
  3. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Nukes?
    Orbital lasers?
    Ants?
    Doxen?
    T2 bombers?
    T2 armies?
    Naval?
    Pelters?
    Catapults?
    Holkins?
    Scout spam?
    Reclaim spam?
    Air fabbers?

The comparison was made to Earth 2150. Shielded units cost more than unshielded units. So there was an opportunity cost. But shielded units and capture units were kind of late game tech.
  4. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Sorry, I meant to say we don't need more of them.

Although I would argue that in you list only nuke and artillery would count as such units. All the others have multiple counters.

And before we start arguing about orbital laser I will just say that the only reason why people don't really build orbital fighters is because orbital doesn't have many orbit to ground units yet. Building a lot of O-fighters just to deal with the possibility of countering one enemy orbital laser in the whole game is not something you will want to bother with, unlike building air fighters to deal with bombers, scouts and air fabbers. You will instead just rather build the umbrella to shield your commander and few key structures.
  5. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

Just let engineers capture. It would be cheaper or at least faster to capture a mex then to destroy it an rebuild it. And in early game you could let you fabber capture their fabber. :p

I'm against the capture unit idea. But there will probebly be a mod for it, just be cause you can.
  6. eeyrjmr

eeyrjmr Member

Cheezy move by cheezy units :)

I use to love playing as NOD in TibSun and loading a drill with engi... send my forces in, pull the enemy out of the centre of the base and then pop the engi up and capture their barracks and factories (and tiberium store). They usually had something in the queue so then bam nice force behind their lines...