Reporting Hackers/Aimbotters

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by ukystout, December 21, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Actually, I thinks it's good that hackers begin to show their ugly faces already. Now is the perfect time for the devs to implement tools to make it easy to ban them. ;)
  2. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Just want to let everyone know that we do/will take this seriously. It's no fun for us, either to play with hackers or see script kiddies ruin a game we've spent years working on. I was/am responsible for keeping the leaderboards free of hackers on the Xbox side. It still takes up my time every day, but it's worth it to me to have some semblance of legit standings.

As soon as we have things solid and playable on the PC side, this will get our full attention. However, while the game still has crashes or you can't get into the blitz game you're looking for in the server lobby, those kinds of issues are going to come first.

First we make the game stable and functional and fun for everyone. Then we find time to deal with the cheaters :)
  3. viperfx

viperfx New Member

Im sure most of us understand this, it would be quite selfish of us to ask you to take this as a top priority issue and leave the others who cannot even launch the game let alone be killed by aim botters, its a valid point.

However, would it really be a huge amount of work to give us the option to votekick players, add players steamid to a ban list for server admins to add to their batch files?

Something along these lines where we do half the battle for you as in the community works together to eliminate the hackers. Lets be honest it is a payed game, if they get banned or something they are not going to buy the game again just so they can feel good about themselves killing everyone in a second.
  4. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Yeah... after posting this morning I found I had a bee in my bonnet, so I spent all day working on the problem. There will be some useful new features for server admins in the next patch. Details to be announced ;)
  5. ukystout

ukystout New Member

6. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

I also noticed all of them seem to play a ton of FPS..FPS's that have rather known aimbots and the like floating around and a ton of hacking in them...Black Ops on PC being a biggie.
  7. Hako

Hako New Member

Ew. He's going to be playing Firefall. I was looking foward to that game. I hope they do a good job at keeping hackers down.
  8. ukystout

ukystout New Member

Bumping thread.
  9. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

The system i would use is wait for a few years til they kill themselves, it's gonna happen sooner or later because if they hate their life so much that they have to hack in a video game to make their life, in their eyes... just a little bit meaningful then they will eventually commit suicide ;)
  10. viperfx

viperfx New Member

Too far.... :|
    Its their choice, they realise it has consequences and they have paid for the game, its not like they pirated the game and then started hacking.
    They probably find it fun but obviously when they get banned they may buy another copy and play legit or just not buy again.
  11. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Well.. the ones who do it for fun is ok.. the ones who think they are the **** and are godly.. but hack, thats what i'm talkin bouttt
  12. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

13. empyreanwolf

empyreanwolf New Member

Rock_AA yup he never misses a shot .... hacker for sure
  14. ukystout

ukystout New Member

Thanks, added him to the list.
  15. Huff

Huff New Member

Just a quick heads up, Wowthosearehuge changed his named to Scathis and added the [UBER] clan tag to his name.
    Do not mistake him for the actual game developer [UBER]Scathis.
  16. Providence

Providence New Member

Or maybe [UBER]Scathis is the real Wowthosearehuge :eek:
  17. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

18. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

steam ID for the linked profile is STEAM_0:0:27970114
  19. Diii

Diii New Member

all those guys ar prop beta testers for heil0s his hack heil0s head dev of artificialaiming hack group hope to see them all banned
  20. OhTragicWarHero

OhTragicWarHero New Member

Hey guys, I just want to say this here before I get into trouble by accident. I was playing in Grenade III as a sniper, the mascot came in the middle area, I was shooting at him with my sniper (I know, I know, I should have used my SMG instead), just then, an enemy assassin came by and I accidentally shot him/her in the head. Then after that they proceeded to call me a hacker, which I am not.

EDIT: I'm not sure they were calling me a hacker or this person named Ekanaut, who was also in the same match as me, and by reading previous posts he is a hacker.