Removing KDR

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Mrsubguy, July 8, 2011.

1. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Isn't that what slayers do Tom?
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

nope. slayers push forward.

a slayer with objective in mind will generally put up 25-5 and maintain map control

someone playing for k/d will generally stay back and pull maybe 7-1

7/1 kd = 7:1
    25/5 kd = 5:1

the above player has a better k/d but didnt really help his team nearly as much as the person pushing for map control.
  3. LIVE 3RUPI

LIVE 3RUPI New Member

I would love for the kill counter to be gone because it would change the mind set of all the kill whores.

Theres killing pros to advance forward and then there is killing pros because you think people on your team will be impressed with the pointless number next to your name when you helped nobody to win.

Right now the game rewards you with a lot of points for just getting kills which is fine for slayers but what about the assassins who spend all game fighting fire bases and pushing bots?

Bot streaks would be good, also would like to see lots more points for winning, taking down the money ball and taking ringside turrets down.

Someone also said a while back that they wanted a display for how much damage each player did to the ball, this would be amazing.
  4. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

^This plus turrets killed.
  5. Foolamancer

Foolamancer Member

6. LIVE 3RUPI

LIVE 3RUPI New Member

I know this.
  7. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

so how would you see your W/L ratio atm?
  8. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

You can't
  9. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

By counting EVERY time you win or lose a match.
  10. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

i can go check how many times ive won (leaderboards) but i dont know how many games ive played in TOTAL
  11. Locke

Locke New Member

I'm not gonna bother reading the whole thread. But from the first page, I think it's a great idea to change KDR to a Win Loss ratio. As of right now the KDR is meaningless but still manages to make people play like doucebags.
  12. Faceman

Faceman New Member

Doing the objective is dull after a while, yeah il help bots move forward - but I dont want do die doing so. KDR is fine, If you want to put in your all to do the objective then don't bother looking at it

I would however like a quick class breakdown of each class' stats Kills,time played etc on one page - as its a pain to trall through the pages to view so at the moment, would encourage new players to stay on if this also showed milestones for each character etc. As no-one in the world can resist leveling up?
  13. Locke

Locke New Member

Then you're playing the game wrong. And if the completely meaningless KDR already makes people play like douches, if they actually had milestones to work towards for it, there'll be even more. If they don't want to actually take part in the objectives that help you win the game and just want to kill, why not play another game that caters to this need?
  14. Faceman

Faceman New Member

How can you play a game wrong? Just because you play differently, doesnt mean that people who like to survive rather than die to shoot a ball or AI Bots are playing 'wrong'

Infact what you're saying is blatent MNC Racism..

And yer.. the second paragraph of my otehr piece of writing was completly unrelated to be fair
  15. Locke

Locke New Member

Because how do you hope to help the team if you're just killing other players? If your whole team did that, they wouldn't win the game. It would achieve nothing.
  16. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Yeah the gamemode really isn't called "team-deathmatch".

As a public match only player, I often find other teams just constantly killing the team I'm on, including myself. While their bots are not even progressing anywhere.

I just try to push the bots in any way I can, destroying turrets in the process and killing players that get in my way of doing so.
  17. Faceman

Faceman New Member

well your both flippin terrible at monday night then
  18. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

First career Protags aren't milestones?

Second, Faceman why you post from so many different IP's?
  19. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

If i'm playing with a few friends we don't normally push bots, otherwise the game ends in under 4 minutes and everyone leaves. Better to drag the match out as people tend to stay for the next game.
  20. Locke

Locke New Member

I assumed you were a troll. This proves it. Man I really wanted to join this forum to discuss this great game, but there are trolls EVERYWHERE. I'd probably get a more coherent discussion on /v/.