Remove commander Sniping

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ohhhshiny, July 28, 2013.

1. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

>How awful bombers really are

Okay, let's remove Commanders from the equation and replace them with a pair of Fabbers, kinda like SupCom2.

Army 1 Focuses on Eco and Land
    Army 2 Rushes a Tier 1 Airfac almost instantly, uses starting resources to make 1 Bomber
    Army 2 Bombers Army 1's Fabbers while they are making Mexes
    Army 1 now has nothing but Mexes and Energy
    Army 1 has lost.

Bombers are currently niche units, they don't have many uses, but they excel at what few things they can do. Another example of this niche behaviour is that T1 Bombers can cost effectively (and by that I mean about a 10:1 ratio in terms of metal) defeat Pelters, Lobbers and Naval.
  2. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

Some games ago i played against an enemy, i send out a small airforce to snipe his commander, but they died and his commander survived closely. Anyway, he was busy rest of the game setting up Anti air of all kinds.

Didnt help though, he died in the second wave.
  3. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

You seem to be confusing "awful" with some kind of numerical strength. I am referring to "awful" in terms of gameplay. A glass cannon built around hard counters in every single direction is awful. It is no proper way to design a unit.
  4. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

Commander sniping is a cheese tatic there is no questions about it. I was the king at that cheese in supcom LOL. It's cheese to even suggest other wise.. gtfo.

However if the game continued after the commander dies you would have another level of cheese. (This went down in TA commander dies game continues matches), People would build a factory and a small amount of resouces then rush your base with their commander. The ultimate cheese, BOOM your base gone, theirs is still intact, gg. I believe this is why the came will naturally be commander dies game ends mode.

The commander snipe cheese can be defended and there is not unit cap so...... just always be ready to defend the cheese. Look at the bright side though! There isn't nearly as much cheese in PA than in SC2.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Yo dawg!
    I heard you like cheese...

So I cheesed your cheese and put cheese with your cheesed cheese. cheese?
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Lulz, commander sniping isn't cheese. Commander sniping is the entire point of the game and the only way to win.
  7. tatsujb

exactly, thanks.

this guy's watched too much when cheese fails and I'd love to see how he was "the king at sniping in supcom"
  8. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

Theres a difference between "Targeting enemy commander" and "invest all your time to build 2389429347 bomber ignoring what the enemy is doing and flying into the enemy base to suicide and hope the enemy commander dies before ur airforce goes down"
  9. tatsujb

Just addapt to who you're facing, scout. if the enemy is obviously doing noting else you can roll him with a couple tanks.

but this brings up a valid point, intel and how it currently is underused.
  10. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

^

Rolling into the enemy's base with 100 tanks isn't commander sniping...
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

12. Nasher

Nasher New Member

The commander is a bit pathetic hit points wise. But I think the problem is more that air is way overpowered at the moment :p
  13. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

I just want a game where the round ends when one side lost the war, and not only 1 unit...
  14. GoogleFrog

GoogleFrog Active Member

Why does the commander have to die in a big explosion?
  15. tatsujb

16. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

Am i the only one who doesnt understand why so many want GIANT HUGE *** PLANETS but want the game to be over in 5 minutes?
  17. tatsujb

those are two seperate people. those who want giant huge *** planets want the game to be over in an hour and a half (and I'm part of those people) then there are those who want short 20min games and they want to play on very very small planets.
  18. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

Seems kinda obvious when i say im part of the 90 min + faction as well
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If you want prove that bombers are not OP I invite you to play me. Try to snipe me. If you get more than 10% wins out of I would be surprised.
    Bombers are quite obviously unfinished, but even so they are not OP.
  20. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

I am ready anytime. I've already won a game where the enemy knew i am goin for commsniping. Dont underestimate the power of Bomberz