Released but not done....

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by namelesst, September 18, 2014.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Uber has a history of misunderstood after launch support. They support as much os the cash-flow allows and still get claims of "abandoning their games."

I would assume it's safe to say PA has made Uber more money than all their other releases combined.

Also, fail? So you're saying right now the game is a failure unless they further develop and support it?
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Keep on going over this, sheesh. Nordic happened to invest to help the game sell in more areas so it was beneficial to both to actually meet with a correctly projected date. Also, it has been a year AFTER the ORIGINAL projection, they would be "breaking promises to other backers" if they kept the kickstarter rewards for another half a year or more.

They eventually had to do this, doesn't anyone understand time versus work? The game could be better and release longer down the line, the game could have released a year ago without most the features we know today. Does nobody think the current state is a well enough improvement for a short delay of time? Any longer is too long, and any less would be too less.

Idk, I have come to terms that "early access" was a fad and 90% of people won't do early access because 90% of people are still preoccupied with star citizen and titanfall and whatever the new trend is. I don't want to hear your reason is different, everyone says the same "I'll never buy another early release game" schtick every time.
    'Tis rumor. It is a poor misinterpetation of what is better than an average game's post release support. It wasn't release and abandon, it wasn't just a handful of patches, it was more than GTA Online currently has made. Assuming they may or may not release further support to PS3 or XBOX360, it will be more than they initially supported it. SMNC got updates, 33 of them? Not all huge may I add, but at least 3 new characters, Leo, Arthemis, Robohobo, and I am not sure when they added gunslinger, cheston, wascot, or spark, I am pretty sure veteran, wascot, and combat girl were from day 1.

PA would be fine if all it got was the same duration of support that SMNC got, we would definitely have serverside and savegames by then, if nothing else the community can do the rest with their own PAMM and soon the community hub.
    Last edited: September 24, 2014