Release Build 76766 now live

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 13, 2015.

1. galaxyisos

galaxyisos Member

i tested AI with same one big planet.for me, last few updates make GREAT improvements on AI like better expansion,more unit built counts,early t2 metal upgrade,sending multiple armies to my base.
    Last edited: January 14, 2015
  2. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Because it's Uber. You never know what is coming up until it's dropped on you.
    mered4 likes this.
  3. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Just so we know we are talking about the same thing. There are two (actually three) possible options for this:
    - The Unit cannon is able to area attack just like the nuke launcher, spreading units accross the targeted area
    - The Unit cannon gets to be a bit inaccurate and spreads units around the target point instead of pinpoint accuracy
    - Both (Uber pls!)

Could you go a bit into detail about this?
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

But in this case we have hints. If I may speculate wildly: I can only think of one frequently player-requested feature that could possibly justify the as-far-as-I-know not player-requested feature of water depth.
    stuart98 and cptconundrum like this.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That was requested.
  6. endless24

endless24 Member

You're a worse tease than they are! Although I think you're referring to naval teleporters.
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

[​IMG]
    stuart98 and endless24 like this.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That was requested.

Yes I sound like a broken record, but the reality it that practically any feature, no matter how ridiculous it may be, was requested xD
    submarines certainly would fit with "working on naval and water depth" though
    ooshr32 likes this.
  9. endless24

endless24 Member

Well said. I don't entirely understand the hype surrounding subs, but I guess it would add a bit more depth.
    cdrkf, xankar, mjshorty and 5 others like this.
  10. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I see what you did there.
    squishypon3, cdrkf, xankar and 12 others like this.
  11. wondible

wondible Post Master General

That's why I added 'frequently'. I see sub threads on a regular basis, but I didn't recall any water depth for it's own sake. Of course, I necessarily have to skim the forums and don't see everything, let alone remember everything I see.
  12. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Subs confirmed?
    squishypon3, cdrkf, xankar and 5 others like this.
  13. endless24

endless24 Member

<3

edit: kiwi you monster, you liked sorian's post appreciating my pun but not the pun itself?!

(mod: I got the point that you want clean language. Is subbing in a cleaner word like monster cool with you here?)
    Last edited: January 14, 2015
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

No you didn't decode it correctly. That capital I was really an L in disguise.

I got this:

When you unscramble it and multiply it by purple and you get:
    Shields!!!

Shields confirmed!!!!!
    squishypon3, cdrkf, xankar and 9 others like this.
  15. endless24

endless24 Member

Favorite new euphemism.

One thing about subs - how do y'all suppose they would fit into the game currently, being that there are presently no other cloaked units and as a consequence no way of detecting or dealing with cloaked units?
    squishypon3, cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  16. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Like how they have in every other annihilation game?
  17. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

There are sonar units in the game files, that used to be buildable but were taken out at the same time as subs. You can see them if you are using the Unit Database mod (expand the "other" section).
  18. endless24

endless24 Member

What I mean is that with no other cloaked units, any detection mechanism is going to be a counter for subs only and have no other application, barring the implementation of other cloaked units.
  19. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Look at post above your own :)
  20. techieferret

techieferret New Member

Garat posted 10/21/2013
    We're working on save systems, which also includes being able to restart a replay, and a host of other good ways to be able to replay a great game.
    Some of these features won't be fully usable until the game releases, as the game does rely on a lot of the server code for these features, but replays, including the ability to reload and launch one to replay it, should be online before final release.

So what happened to the save game feature? It really sucks that I play a mission for 3 hours only to have the game CRASH and there's no save feature at all to recover from.
    Also sucks that the commander gets killed and you have to start the whole thing over again.

And crashes? I've been playing the game for about 4 days now and have had over 30 crashes.
    I'm running amd6-3650 clocked at 3.5Ghz, gtx460 and 8G memory.