Release build: 74484

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, October 31, 2014.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Uber usually didn't post news right after update just to be sure everything works fine, but yeah I'm noticed nobody posted update on Steam too.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I created a thread for these stable builds (http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/0/620695877249205991/), but I can't create news items.
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

4. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Is it just me or is there once again no Seed slider in the editor?
  5. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

do you think guys you can improve the building system time, when creating even a skirmish game, in a very good laptop and a very strong pc, it take many many Seconds (more than 10-15sec) for just building 2 planets! :(
  6. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Creating a planet in 10-15 seconds, that's pretty quick compared to the millions of years it take's to form a real planet:):)
    websterx01 and whisperr like this.
  7. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Server performance was crapola yesterday. Can this please be fixed soon...
    whisperr likes this.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

"crapola" isn't a very helpful description for debugging ;)
    Can you describe where exactly the performance was bad? sim speed? How many players/units? etc
  9. Planktum

5v5 with about 7 planets and probably a max of 3000 units at any one time. Sim speed dropped to about 2.5 and the game stalled many times and finally crashed. I can't even load the replay of the game.
  10. cola_colin

Doesn't sound that unusual for a game of that size (yeah I agree it should be better, but what you describe does not sound like anything broke yesterday apart from that crash).
    Maybe some player just decided to area patrol boom bots or something to make it a little worse than you are used to?

Replays are not stored if the server crashed, a crashing server should automatically be reported to Uber.
  11. atomicron

atomicron New Member

I'm getting the bounding box bug in Linux again after this update.
    A bounding box appears and I am unable to select or make the rubber band box go away. No key-presses alleviate the issue and the game cannot be quit unless the PA process is killed with cli. I was quite happy since the first update after the release. Why is this bug back?
  12. n00n

n00n Active Member

@atomicron, I assume your talking about the bug that effects Linux users? The hotfix they added was a workaround not a fix. It never stopped occurring, it's just more common for some than others.
  13. Planktum

I've just had two Galactic War games crash on me too. These games weren't even that big. One game crashed when I sent a moon into another moon.
  14. atomicron

atomicron New Member

Yep. That went away long ago and has not occurred for me since about the second patch after the release version 9-3-14. So, I had been playing fine for nearly the past two months. Now the dreaded return of "one moment everything is fine and suddenly a selection band will just stay with the mouse movements."

It's frustrating that I'm being stymied by this again.
  15. aleiux

aleiux Member

Got matched up in a 1v1 ranked game today, but I think the other person left or dced, so I was left in the ranked room by myself and had to leave and get the time out penalty.
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

You shouldn't get the penalty if you back out before game-start iirc.
  17. cola_colin

If you back out after knowing your opponent and the map you should get a penalty.
    But yeah if your opponent left already you should not get a penalty.
    Quitch likes this.
  18. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Eh idk, Street Fighter 4 ranked you could do some crappy stuff. But leaving a match if you knew it was a loss simply in matchup, is simply declining a match, not commiting a crime. It should not match you with the same person repetitively if you declined, but shouldn't penalty your matchmaking queue.
  19. aleiux

aleiux Member

Yeah my opponent must have left already or something similar because I was in an empty lobby o.o. I waited a minute to see if it automatically disband but nothing happened so I ended up leaving and got a 3-5 minute penalty.
  20. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Version 74525 has been released. Is this a hotfix release?