Release Build: 73939

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, October 9, 2014.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Looks like there was some file overwriting issues. The English translations got nuked, and the Italian and french never made it up. Gotta figure out what's going on.

Edit: To be more accurate, the italian ones overwrote the English ones, and everything never made it. o.0
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Steam setting? No, changing language doesn't affect it. It displays italian in all languages.

edit: got ninja'd
  3. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

My Steam is set to English but I see the achievements in Italian :(
    Edit: Also ninja'd.
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Yah, it's fixed now. I gotta figure out why the uploader on Steams site overwrote the english with italian, and ignored the italian and french version. >.<
  5. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Yep, fixed!
  6. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Can confirm this. First happened to me two PTE builds ago. Here is a thread to gather system configurations for this and similar bugs:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pte-ui-issues.64974/
  7. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I managed to sneak some AI changes in.

I have some more cool stuff I am working on over the weekend.
    igncom1, ooshr32, proeleert and 11 others like this.
  8. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Weekend? Oh you guys.... :)
  9. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Neat, the AI could use some love right now. It also would be nice to see some more intelligent behaviour as to how to attack fortified installations. Still does a quite impressive job at looking for weak spots, but constantly trying to build extractors, holkins and sending units inside of the range of 4 holkins seemed a bit like a waste.
  10. xkjq

xkjq New Member

UI is still bugged on linux. About half the time it won't load as a game starts, repeated F5's will occasionally result in it loading but not always.

Anything I can do to help get this fixed as it is rather annoying?
  11. mrspk

mrspk New Member

Something happened after upgrade to build 73823. I can't play either offline nor online (single game, AI battle, my own custom - quite big - system). Everything stops when game shows screen of every player in game. I mean game is working I think, because buttons of messages and contacts are active, but nothing more. I had wait for a few looong minutes. Nothing. No changes in graphic settings (medium mostly) or anything else. Just newer game version.

I hope I put this in right place. I'm sorry if not.

English is not my native language, so sorry also, and I hope it's understandable.;)

Dell Inspiron 17r, I7, Intel HD Graphics 4000 and ATI Radeon HD 8730M, Win7 Ultimate, 8Gb RAM. I admit, I have sometimes problems with Intel and ATI.
    Last edited: October 12, 2014
  12. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I think the offline server component is crashing for you. You can try to go to SETTINGS -> SERVER and set it to off. That means you need to be online to play, but at least you can play.
  13. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It's not a fix, but I find that using --software-ui gives me a much faster and always visible UI. The downside is that after a game has finished and you return to the main menu, the screen will turn black. You'll need to resize the window of toggle between full screen and windowed (Alt+<Enter>) to force it to redraw. But, yeah, it could use some love.
  14. Slamz

Slamz Well-Known Member

I dunno if it was this patch or some other recent one but performance is hugely improved with large numbers of units. It makes a big difference in the ability to enjoy a larger/longer game.
  15. xkjq

xkjq New Member

Thanks, had gotten so used to not using it over some of the recent builds that I'd actually forgotten about it.
  16. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

Two patches ago there was massive pathfinding improovement. However that same update also introduced issues with ChronoCam on Intel HD cards:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pte-ui-issues.64974/

Another minor AI bug:
    I previously reported that the halley target selection of the AI seems to be unable to differentiate between "Allied Player Commander" and "Enemy Player commander", always going for thier allied player first.
    I think I now also noticed an issue with the "alone on theplanet" routines that enable it to go Nuclear even on normal difficulty. Having a a allied human player blocks out those routines as if it was not alone on teh planet. The same AI build nukes and anti-nukes on the other planets without a problem.
  17. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Couple of bugs i'm gonna mention. I know a lot of em are old, but i though't it'd be useful to mention them to show they're still occurring as of this build.

-sometimes at game start, entire screen appears to go crazy with textures, everything looks like colourful static, the game is technically still playable, as in, it isn't a crash, and the unit icons still show up, but all other textures are fubar, F5ing doesn't help.

-if the tip of a ravine crosses over with a puddle of water, and your dox are sent through the water, they'll fall into the ravine and get stuck there. Sometimes ordering them backwards toward the tip of the ravine can magically pop them back out.

-Sub commanders don't seem to be able to do anything if you don't have access to vehicle tech. I was playing a GW game as Bot commander, and picked up the Adv. vehicle card. My sub commander was building lots of vehicle factories, but not much else. After discarding the vehicles card for another one, the sub commander wasn't able to do anything in-game, he'd build a single Mex and then be idle for the rest of the game.

-there are a few cases where i've been able to double build T1 mex on a single mex point, seems area building mexes with a swarm of air fabbers did it the first time, the second case was when one of my fabbers and one of the sub commander's fabbers began building a mex at the same time, resulting in two mexes on the same point.

-If I've queued up an area build for mexes with one fabber, trying to give the same order to any other fabber as a queued up 'shift' command doesn't work, giving the area build order without using shift does work however.

Attached Files:

whisperr likes this.
  18. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

According to DxDiag your GPU driver is 5 months old. You should also have a intel HD GPU.
    Make sure the coherent UI runs on the proper GPU, it running on Intel HD or generally different GPU from PA.exe can cause issues.

Static - old bug indeed. I had it happen once. Outdated drivers or it running on different GPU are usually the cause.

Sub Coms are unable to understand lacking the basic tech, when the have advanced tech. It is a very situational thing (only GW, only certain loadouts and tech combinations), so it is very low on the AI priority list.
    Interesting on it getting stuck without basic vehicle. Never play without Basic Vehicles, so I never noticed.

Multi-mex: I think there is a know bug with the Area Build Command

Shift+Queueup not working: This only happened to me after I enabeled "build preview all". Apparently the existing blueprint collides with any shift build order.
  19. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Hmm, odd, my software is saying my drivers are up to date (with driver 344.11 which was released 18/9/14) but i definitely updated my dxdiag before posting it... hmmmm.

I'll have to look into where coherent ui and pa.exe are running respectively, i have two 'different' installs, one steam version one uber launcher version, but they should both be runnin off of the same drive.
  20. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member