Release Build: 73939

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, October 9, 2014.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The mod author needs to enable it for this version. Same thing happened with the last release. You should raise the issue in the relevant mod thread.
  2. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Well, I don't think a lot of mods introduce version checks at the exception of Faster Server Browser and PA Stats :p
  3. frankablu

frankablu Member

The functionality should be in the core of the game itself. It shouldn't require a mod to enable Gzip compression.
    This is a < 1 hour change to the PA code base.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

PA Stats had that in the past. I removed it again. It did more damage than it helped. Now the only version check it does is for the matchmaking function, which only activates on whatever build is "stable" according to ubernet.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  5. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

The issue with server.exe not starting seems to concern only Windows 7.
  6. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

My priority is to not break what Uber releases... moving this discussion over to the mods forum: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...-breaking-new-releases-and-broken-mods.65054/
  7. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

So, I have no idea why launching PA from PAMM make PA unable to start server.exe on Windows 7.

From PA logs:
    Code:
    [01:18:54.437] INFO Starting background thread pool with 3 threads
    [01:18:54.437] ERROR CreateProcessW failed, The parameter is incorrect.

8. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I just tested the game and found it to be totally awesome!

Performance has greatly improved since the last stable build thanks to the local server. My first match went by without any UI lag whatsoever. :D

Congratulations and keep up the good work, Uber!
    Planktum likes this.
  9. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

Regarding economy stats: there is a bug where we track the amount of metal/energy you tried to spend, instead of how much you actually spent. So negative values indicate over spending.
    Remy561 likes this.
  10. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Love the new system editor. Drastically reduced the iteration time for map making.

One problem i'm having is that the starting location circles are really hard to see (almost invisible) if they are in water.
    igncom1 likes this.
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

As are most area commands.
    Quitch likes this.
  12. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

In the match I just concluded, I sent my commander to a far-off planet. I wanted to quit so I selected the astraeus in celestial view and tried to delete it, but the 'kill unit' command didn't take effect until it arrived at the destination planet. When the com exploded, the effect was sideways (on the gas giant, just having arrived from transfer orbit)
  13. cheezeit

cheezeit Member

So, I haven't...gotten a chance to get home to work on this but....per what everyone here has done....this update allows for connectivity for local server....but is it broadcasted on the subnet or is it reachable via an IP address that is typed in...
  14. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: October 10, 2014
  15. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

How does one go about spectating games that are already started. Every time I try it is not successful. (as in I cannot see any units or the connection is refused.)
  16. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Long standing bug, I'm afraid.
    PA#3272
    You can still see planet smashing, but that's about it. Comm deaths too maybe, I forget.
    Quitch and stuart98 like this.
  17. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Not sure where else to put this, but I got the vanilla server launch parameters in a PM; no surprises.

18. emporer88

emporer88 Member

hey i am having a problem with offline play, i turn off my internet and turn on local server but this is what happens every time i try and play?
    i am finding this very frustrating, i even tried waiting 2 hours

Attached Files:

19. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

This happens to me too, it's the server.exe failing to load.
    if your not using PAMM then try this fix in the link below.. it maybe your bluetooth making the server fail to load.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/how-to-fix-some-server-exe-crashes-windows.65040/
  20. nbringer

nbringer New Member

Sorry for being unclear. Yes I mean the installer client. Right now to install the game requires internet access because the install is just a ~30Mb client which downloads the entire game. I would prefer a big install that I can move to a USB drive and deploy on offline machines. For Linux the install is pretty big and I believe the whole game is in it. Could this be done also for Windows?

Regarding the launch I can already launch the game without patching by running directly the PA.exe file and thus avoid the install/patch client.

Edit: Ah, you say "launcher", I say "client"... this might be the cause for confusion.