[REL] Unit Database v1.2.4

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, February 5, 2014.

1. towerbabbel

towerbabbel Active Member

With the new main menu the Unit Database isn't showing up at all.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Ah. Good point :p. I'll look at fixing that soon.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Um. I may have forgotten about this. It's a distinct possibility.

I just implemented the fix, uploading now.

Edit: Done, v1.2.4 uploaded.
    Last edited: January 9, 2015
    sigmud2 and Quitch like this.
  5. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

6. trialq

trialq Post Master General

For some reason there is a mixup between which of Gil E and Bluehawk can shoot orbital. Bluehawks are definitely the anti-orbital bot:
    ud1.jpg
    ud2.jpg
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

A few things I can see:
    • There's a layer it can't read or doesn't know how to handle (prob didn't exist when I wrote this). You can tell because there's a dividing bar, which means there should be something following water surface and before air on the bluehawk.
    • It doesn't know about beam weapons (undefined projectile speed).
    • It doesn't show targeting restrictions.
    I'll look into these and anything else I find.
    stuart98 and trialq like this.
  8. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Al
    Also raven. It is a liitle strange that the unit icon is just where the weapon type icon ( the right down corner icon, the line if you undestand it better;p).
    Don't know if I'm right but wasn't the unit icon on the left handside in some previous build?
  9. redpiner

redpiner New Member

I'm a bit confused on one point, the difference between T1 factories and T2 factories. Non Air T1 factories have a metal demand of 15, and T2 factories have a metal demand of 60, which is 4x that of T1 factories. So, in theory, 1 T2 factory making T1 units should be just as fast as 4 T1 factories making the same T1 unit.

This is not the case.

After extensive in game testing, I found that _1_ T2 factory builds a T1 unit at the same speed as _3_ T1 Factories, EVEN THOUGH three T1 factories consume 45 metal and 2k energy, and one T2 factory consumes 60 metal and 2k energy!!! If I am not mistaken, T2 factories are less metal efficient (!) than T1 factories!

PS This mod needs to be in the base game.
  10. lenojd

lenojd New Member

Not sure if you've had time to look at this yet, but at least for the Bluehawk and Stingray it's a simple fix. Line 337 of rUnitDatabase.html (for version 1.2.4) just needs to be changed from:
    HTML:
    <span class="unitDatabase_unitDetail" data-bind="if: $data == 'WL_Orbital'">Orbital</span>
    to:
    HTML:
    <span class="unitDatabase_unitDetail" data-bind="if: $data == 'WL_Orbital'|| $data == 'Orbital'">Orbital</span>
    They just dropped the 'WL_' for both those units, haven't checked any of the other units though.
    dom314 likes this.
  11. lenojd

lenojd New Member

I worked on this some too. I don't have a perfect solution, but it's better than what it is currently. I'm hoping to get more familiar with your Blueprint Info Framework and see if making it more understandable is possible.

A couple examples of what I've done:

For the Bluehawk (red rectangle for emphasis, not displayed in game), I've made it so the antidrop weapon shows what it can actually shoot, rather than just saying it can shoot the air and orbital layers. The missile weapon stays as it was.
    BLUEHAWK_crop.png
    For the GIL-E (red rectangle for emphasis, not displayed in game) the targets for the beam weapon show what ammo it can shoot, instead of just the layers that the ammo lives in (previously just said Air | Orbital).

GILE_crop.png

It would be nicer to show which units use that type of ammo, but I haven't figured that out yet. I can post the code changes if there is interest.

Edit: This includes my previous post for fixing the dropped orbital layer target.
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    dom314 likes this.
  12. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

I install this and I get the unit database window but when I click on the units nothing gets loaded on the right.

Presumably the update gap is responsible, or I have something broken on my end.

I don't know about other people, but I feel like I'm building a house on sand anymore when I mod. I simultaneously desire and dread substantive game updates.

This is not an update beg because I don't think I can use this personally. I personally want something like this as a stand alone reader app, or maybe a browser plugin that let's me view and edit batches of units in a selected folder.

I imagine opening two instances and comparing the default values with my new values.

Ignore my rambling it's 1am here.
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Yeah, just to confirm that clicking the units does nothing.
    bsergent likes this.
  14. beastslairsfraggle

beastslairsfraggle New Member

Same here. Can't get any info in the menu.
    bsergent likes this.
  15. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Updated to 1.2.5 :
    - Fix for clicking units
    Quitch and tracert like this.
  16. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Any chance for you updating this to legion?

Maybe if I say Pleaaaase:p
    tunsel11 likes this.
  17. proeleert

I've got a version that works for legion / any servermod that adds or changes units.
    But it will never work on the main menu.
    So I had to add a "UDB" button on the statusbar ingame (next to pip buttons clock).
    But the loading image is a bit off and too lazy to css it to perfection for now.
    https://github.com/pietervanh/mods-raevn/tree/master/rUnitDatabase
    Ksgrip likes this.
  18. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Aaaa what a shame. I actually loved to have that in the main menu. I may give yours a try. Why isn´t this on PAMM?
  19. proeleert

Cause, sidetracked.
    I'll fix css and update it properly eventually.