[REL]The Beta Balance Mod

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by mered4, November 23, 2014.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Simple premise, bring the Beta balance into a mod so more folks can experience it. Also, some folks have mentioned to me that they want to play that balance, so here goes.

BUILD: 57047

I will not be changing any models, so the Sheller will still have it's new model, and the BlueHawk will be the Stomper.

I'm just starting this now (10:45 EST), so it will probably be up by this evening. Cheers!

UPDATE:

Initial Commit up. I've got work tomorrow, so I need to put this toy away for the night. Here's a link: https://github.com/Mered4/com.pa.Beta57047.rebalance

Be aware it doesn't quite work yet - building dox or a bot factory crashes the game.

UPDATE 2:

It now works, with two exceptions:

Adv Fighters and AA Bots do not have build icons.
    Last edited: November 25, 2014
    Murcanic likes this.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Know why? Because the old bot factory had a different model. Have to re-detail the json to make sure to use the right model, perhaps even use different orientations as well because bots will walk out the sides instead of the ramps.

Also might be worth your time to use the old models while you are at it.
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Um. I didn't change the models, just the numbers. It only crashes upon build completion.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

sounds like somebody did not valide all jsons. Can you start a game at least?
    Enable PA Stats and read the debugger console of the main live game scene. It will print all broken unit jsons.
    mered4 likes this.