[REL] System Sharing

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cptconundrum, February 7, 2014.

1. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Cool. The server does work anyway, so there's no hurry. I could also try setting the from to 5 minutes instead of 10
  2. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Or just show a loading screen until the server had started up. It shouldn't be up for more than 5-10 seconds but it would help.
  3. cptconundrum

I show a loading animation while the mod is waiting for a response. I have had it take 20 seconds before.
  4. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

ok, I'll run some tests then and figure it out.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  5. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I see you use model.displayName(); to fill the creator is that unique enough ?
  6. cptconundrum

I did that instead of uberId because it's what people are more likely to recognize. I think confusion from overlapping display names is probably less likely than confusing uber ids. Besides, you can just change that line to whatever you want. Until we get a way to actually authenticate, it doesn't really matter.

The real downside to displayName() is that it won't update if a user changes it.
  7. cptconundrum

Should I be deleting all of the systems every time we get an update that changes the planet generation algorithm? Existing systems will never be what they were meant to be once the next update comes out with terrain changes. Anyone have comments or suggestions on this?
  8. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Captain, would it be possible to have a folder named "PAS MM" or "PA Stats" (PA Stats Matchmaking) for the purposes of systems that are used in this matchmaking system?

The person with rights to save in this folder is Cola_Colin.

Thanks if it is possible!
  9. cptconundrum

We definitely want to have some sort of integration with PA Stats. The reason I haven't included anything yet is because a good PA Stats server would be more complicated than the basic one I'm using for the other databases, but I can probably give @cola_colin his own server if he wants to just mirror his matchmaking system list there. He would have to maintain two separate databases of systems, but I think a lot of people would like being able to look at matchmaking systems.

@cola_colin should I set one up for you?
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

hmm.... yes you can. Maybe I can use the server to query for maps in the matchmaking code as well. Currently there is no database with the matchmaking systems. They are hard coded json ;)
  11. cptconundrum

I created the server and sent the admin mod to cola_colin. The default server can get pretty spammy, so I really like the idea of having a lot of locked down servers that can be maintained better. The public one will never go away though.
  12. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

I've been using this a bit after installing it for the tourney last night, really great work conundrum. Much more convenient than making my own systems for every game.

So thanks!
  13. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Nice, nice, I am loving this part of community, always friendly and helpful! Good job Captain!
  14. cptconundrum

Thanks! I think you're right about the community. It is very easy to stay motivated and making mods when there are so many other people doing amazing things with mods. If you look at the whole collection of mods on PAMM, it is just overwhelming! Uber can keep on working on the game engine itself, because we've pretty much got the UI development covered just through mods. Things are going to get a lot more impressive when we get a better api, too.
  15. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

You could record the build no against each system, then when generation changes, hide away those that are done with the old generator behind a flag.
    Or move them to another list in the dropdown.

This is only really a worry if the generator changes so much that existing saved planets are no longer close to the same, so relax until then :)
    cptconundrum likes this.
  16. cptconundrum

I just noticed a server bug. You can filter b number of planets, but they still show up on the page they otherwise would have. Setting the minimum planets to 2 leaves me with only one item on page one, two on page two, and 4 on page three. I'll be fixing that at some point.
  17. cptconundrum

Updated to v1.1.1

The only change was the inclusion of a new server for PA Stats Auto 1vs1 systems.
  18. cptconundrum

Still works in Gamma v.62037 but has some minor style issues.
    Quitch likes this.
  19. cptconundrum

Updated to v1.1.2

Now compatible with Gamma
    Quitch likes this.
  20. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

thaaaaaaaaaaaaannk yeeeeeeeee