[REL] Stargate Unit Names [65588]

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by LavaSnake, April 10, 2014.

1. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

upload_2014-4-10_12-33-33.png
    Ever wanted to command legions of Jaffa warriors, swarms of Abrams tanks, or fleets of X-302s? Well now you can with the Stargate Unit Names mod! This mod adds adds Stargate SG-1 unit names to your custom unit names list. It requires the Custom Unit Names mod. Download it on PAMM today!

Updates:​
    • v1.1 - Support for Raevn's Blueprint Info Framework. (Now the unit names will show up in the Unit Database mod!)
    • v1.2 - Update for the new units and new names in build 65588.
    NOTE TO FELLOW MODDERS:
    If you'd like to make a similar mod feel free to just do a copy-paste of this one. It's really simple and just hooks into the Custom Unit names mod to do all the hard work. Here's the instructions:​
    1. Copy this mod and edit the folder names and modinfo.json.
    2. Go into the Units.js file and edit that really long string to include your custom unit names instead of mine.
    3. Go into the Settings.js file and edit the note to say "____ unit names will be added to the above list automaticly."
    4. That's it!
    NOTE TO EVERYONE ELSE:
    I'd be happy to make another version of this mod that sets the unit names to your favorite thing. Just post the list of new names in a request thread on this forum and I'll toss one together.
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  2. tristanlorius

tristanlorius New Member

really cool mod, lucky bastard! owning a progenitor, i was too late :(

oh and also the mod doesn't change the names under all circumstances, for example when you are hovering over a factory in the lower left corner next to the factory name it says building "Unit Cannon" instead of "Abrams Tank",

i will try and gather a screenshot as evidence
  3. LavaSnake

I'm glad you like it! I pushed out an update to the custom unit names mod (which this one uses to do all the hard work) about a week ago that should have fixed that. Could you double check that you're running the latest version and then post a screenshot? If there's still an issue I'll be happy to figure it out.

Edit: I just released a new version of custom unit names which is mainly just internal improvements. When testing that I double-checked the names in the action portion of the hover over unit popups and it worked fine for me. Please post a screenshot if you're still getting the issue because I may have missed something.
    Last edited: April 19, 2014
  4. tristanlorius

tristanlorius New Member

wilko, prepare for editception

aand, it seems you've fixed it hooray!!!

other small problem

[​IMG]
    Last edited: April 19, 2014
  5. LavaSnake

Due to the way I rename units on the fly I can't do anything to ensure compatibility with mods like that. I will ask raevn about the possibility of editing that mod to work with this one though. I see you're also enjoying my profile pic+ mod!
  6. LavaSnake

I just finished an update that adds support for that. Please tell me if you have any other requests!