[REL][Server] Puppetmaster 3.3.0

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by wondible, August 2, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Puppetmaster 1.5.2 - Update common.js to 78071
  2. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Would you be able to add the ability to control alliances to Puppetmaster for Dynamic Alliances games? I'm thinking that during a Dynamic Alliance game, it would be interesting to be able to change up alliances on people mid-game (could be done with or without notice). This would introduce a new layer of surprises to the players in the game, and also help the Puppetmaster keep things balanced, without necessarily having to add or control units in the game. Maybe locking the players' ability to change the alliances themselves would be needed as well. You could also announce the alliance change in global chat, and give the players some time to prepare for the announced change.

I could also see a totally separate Mod coming out of this one. Something along the lines of Randomly assigned alliances on specific time intervals (say alliance re-assignments every 5-10 minutes). A countdown timer could be displayed for the alliance change, and play some sort of alert sound/notification when it reached zero, then the clock would be reset for the next change. Mod could just be called Random Alliances.
  3. wondible

Ah, spectator mode doesn't have the alliance UI. I'd also have to test if alliances work with the control flags; they certainly don't seem to work with AI.
  4. ViolentMind

OK, does it make more sense to add this one to the Mod ideas thread then?
  5. wondible

It's going to involve different UI work. Two mods trying to do cheat containment might be tricky though. Do you expect they would be used together, or is this more of a different game mode?
  6. ViolentMind

Well, at first I saw this being used with Puppetmaster, but now I could definitely see this being an independent Mod, and also something that could be used in conjunction with any other server Mod really. A friend and I might actually try to tackle this one together. Might be a good first Mod to start with for us.
  7. wondible

Create-unit does not work in latest build. Delisted from PAMM, hopefully temporarily.
  8. wondible

Puppetmaster 2.0.0

- Remove obsolete cheat triggers. Sandbox option now required.
    - Attempt to block sandbox related UI elements
    - Use PAMM for scene mod loading
    - Remove common.js shadow
    ViolentMind likes this.
  9. wondible

Puppetmaster delisted until PAMM style server mod loading is working again.
  10. wondible

And now it's working *shrug*

Puppetmaster 2.0.1 - Update help article for 82293
  11. wondible

With the new APIs it should be possible ping when the pod lands rather than when it is launched (or somewhere inbetween) I'm leaning towards when it lands, or just before. Anyone else have an opinion?
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

When it lands is best as you know to just click on the notification to go direct to the unit...
    wondible likes this.
  13. wondible

It seems that raycast automatically respects the orbital shell. On the upside, we will be able to paste orbital units into orbit now (with care). I just recommend setting orbital shell to range-dependent.

Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 20.26.36 .png
    cdrkf, stuart98 and proeleert like this.
  14. wondible

Puppetmaster 2.1.0

- Use new raycast api to get location instead of drop pod death event
    - Looks there may have been a longstanding issue with drops on other planets
    - Ping is not as far ahead of unit appearance
    - Immediate flare effect for puppetmaster

Screen Shot 2015-08-12 at 19.58.01 .png

Things I'm thinking about: Separating nuke mods, or at least making them separate units. DM to receiving players via uber chat, which is all we have. Perhaps replace flares with a "laser sight" built into drop pod effect.
    proeleert and cwarner7264 like this.
  15. wondible

Puppetmaster 2.2.0

- Switch to titans nuke cost
    - Fix changed api name
    - Drop pods trigger combat alerts; it has the uber/avatar icon but may be lost in existing combats
  16. wondible

Puppetmaster 2.3.0 - Flares and pings will not be generated if strategic icons are turned off (default ctrl+y) The icon API is write-only; if it gets out of sync turn icons on (default state) and refresh the UI.
    cdrkf and cwarner7264 like this.
  17. wondible

Having dug into the drop pod effect, I'm thinking of replacing the the local flare ghost by restoring the laser sight on the effect (and less dust) Any thoughts on the extra cue from the perspective of players and casters?
  18. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I think the laser would definitely be worthwhile re-adding. It's a sharp and near globally visible indicator, which should make things very easy for the casters to spot things appearing.
  19. wondible

Puppetmaster 3.0.0

- Extract preloaded nukes to separate mod
    - Replace burntcustard's venerable drop pod effect with processed version, which has team colored laser sights.
    - Remove local flare effect
    - Account for scaled UI
    - Add game-mode category tag
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  20. neklusa

neklusa New Member

I have puppetmaster installed, i did the hotkey, the sandbox thing came up, but whenever i click on something, it will just say given to whoever i selected to help, but nothing will spawn, how do i make it spawn?