[REL][Server Mod] Statera Balance Mod

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by squishypon3, June 1, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

That simple for any mods.

There are 2 total touchup mods I know of, Realm and Statera. There are numerous other individual unit mods that just add 1 to the vanilla game. I do not believe mods using units are capatable together "yet" as you need a single units.json and build.json with all the units and build listings together, you would have to go find those files in server_mods/[modname]/pa/units and server_mods/[modname]/ui/shared/js, and manually make the additions multiple mods make together in order to have multiple unit addition mods work. Unit edit and such wouldn't cause any problems.

Client mods are much more stable, get them from PAMM effortlessly with instant profit.
  3. zhaii

zhaii Active Member

We played last night.

At least watch the raining of missiles later on in the video, ITS EPIC!

4. stuart98

Sooo, Catapult vs Lobber

With the Catapult we're going with something like the SupCom 2 Aeon missile defense. Fires a burst of 6 or so missiles that rain death upon incoming units. Its damage is poor so it will be ineffective vs structures. It is more of a defensive weapon than an offensive one.

The problem is that it fires every time a missile is ready instead of when all 6 missiles are fired. If you know of a way to circumvent this, do tell.

The lobber is meant to be something like a Bertha: Insanely expensive, can reach more than halfway around the map, and does massive damage to bases. While it can be used defensively, it is most potent as an offensive weapon.

There is a vanilla bug where Pelter/lobber shells clip into the ground without exploding that may or may not be fixed in the mod. If you see this happen, please post on the thread.
  5. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

Currently there is no way to do that and its been requested several times in threads.

Its also interesting to see that you went in the same direction RCBM with the catapult.
    nanolathe likes this.
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

You could give six weapons to the one bone where the missiles come out. They (should) all fire at once as they'd have the same range, reaction time, etc... (Except they'd attack multiple units at apposed to just one.)
  7. stuart98

I want each missile to come out at a different time though so that won't work satisfactorily.
  8. stuart98

Statera should be updated for the latest version. I'm unable to test it myself ATM though, so if you see anything that's broken do tell.
    Although really you should be doing that anyway...
  9. stuart98

Just pushed a version which should fix everything.
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Helped discover very discreete Uber changes causing mispathing. Testing now that I helped detailed tweaking and confirming if PAMM Server Mod Statera works...

I pushed a working version, but PAMM isn't a working version ~.~

EDIT: And now it DOES work, have fun kiddos!
    Last edited: July 3, 2014
  11. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

You forget to update the "version" property in modlist2.json almost everytime Stuart and your mod is in a perpetual "need update" state. The date field is only cosmetic.
  12. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Was fixed 1 hour ago, should have made a last pull check before this post ;)
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. squishypon3

Alright future update will contain two new units, an a10 warthog style unit, used for quick and maneuverable, it flies over the enemy and unleashes a barrage of bullets, it uses energy and needs to retreat away to fly off and come back for another run. The second unit incoming is another advanced gunship, similar to the Core t2 gunship of TA, it will probably use energy as it fires. Slightly faster than the Kestrel it has a slower acceleration and low turn rate. Think of this relationship as the tank compared to the bot, the new gunship being the tank. It fires unguided, slightly inaccurate rockets, with a possible bit of AOE.

Some changes we didn't point out for the last build as well is a new T2 tank artillery, the thumper, was added, it has a quick fire rate 1.5 shells I second I believe, it fires low damage shells and has a large deviation so very inaccurate, they're good for taking out mobs as they're guaranteed to hit something, but are ineffective against singular groups, which is what the sheller was designed to deal with.
  14. squishypon3

Okay, I've been thinking up more unit ideas for future versions of the mod:

Peeper: T2 air unit, slow speed for air with a large radar range and low visual range.

Crasher: T1 direct fire, unguided rocket bot.

Beetle: T2 mobile missile launcher tank.

Zipper: T2 fast action bot, very fast, with low damage.

Stalker: Sluggish t2 bot, invisible to radar, with a strong, low ROF laser.

Hawk: Extremely fast and vulnerable fighter, invisible to radar it's nice for quick sneak attacks. Similar in stats to the T1 fighter.

These may or not make it into the mod at some point. :p
  15. stuart98

Crasher is already the name of the t1 amphibious bot...

I feel as if most of these came from something...

Oh wait!
  16. squishypon3

Alright then, we'll just think of some other names, as long as it fits the theme. :p
  17. stuart98

Until we get out 1.0, a comprehensive rebalance of the game, expect larger version number changes between releases. we were on 0.2 for way too long and the mod at its current stage is quite a bit farther along than a 0.3.

Big announcement soon. I hope ya'll are in a competitive mood.
    broadsideet likes this.
  18. stuart98

Next build should be out by Wednesday. I want rigorous balance testing, as I need all balance issues sorted out by the 31st of this month. Why exactly will be announced
    [​IMG]

Rest assured that it's leet and that you will want to play the mod because of it.

Next update should do some more stuff with effects along with some nuke/orbital balance changes.
    Last edited: July 7, 2014
  19. stuart98

New update is out!

Vanguard should be working properly. I've also made quite a few other changes to various units.

Build bar icons should be working for all units.

I don't think strategic icons are working for new units, which is a bug. If you know what I'm doing wrong, do tell.

There was a server crash of some sort in the previous build that we have yet to figure out. If you discover the cause, please post it here ASAP.

I want rigorous balance testing. If something is even only slightly OP, post here.
    Last edited: July 9, 2014
  20. RazrWolf

RazrWolf New Member

I'm getting "Failed to install 'com.squishypon3.balancedannihilation'. An unexpected error occurred during the download: Not Found" or "Failed to install 'com.squishypon3.balanacedannihilation'. An unexpected error occurred during the download: Internal Server Error" when trying to download/update from PAMM.

Was planning on playing a few games with some clan mates and was excited to see a new version :p Oh well there's always next time.