[REL][Server Mod] Statera Balance Mod

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by squishypon3, June 1, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

What's everyone think?
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Statera feedback is positive generally.
  3. stuart98

Statera v1.26 released!

We finally have an icon!
    Leviathan can be built again.
    Barracuda tactical missile trail is now a tactical missile trail instead of a nuke trail.
    Peregrine cost increased to 350, now uses ammo system to fire 3 aoe missiles in rapid succession.
    Kingfisher can now try and fail to hit ground targets.
    Hornet damage per bomb decreased by 50.
    HP for all basic facs increased from 2000 to 2750.
    HP for all advanced facs increased to 6000 from 5000.
    Cleaned up error logs hopefully via strategic icon priority.
    Fighters now have a much higher guard radius.
    Transports now have 250 HP instead of 100.
    Commanders now repair twice as fast.
    Missiles should no longer be adversely affected by gravity.
    Fabricators are now more energy efficient. Sea > Vehicle > Bot > Air. T1 > T2.
    Combat Fabrication Boat should now be able to build walls.
    Cleaned up animations for catapult.
    Bluebottle damage per shell reduced by 10.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  4. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Best update ever :p
    Great job !
    stuart98 and squishypon3 like this.
  5. squishypon3

Partyyyy!~
    stuart98 likes this.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I get a lot of NavalRedux advice from y'all, and I always appreciate it. I just wanted to discuss something with Teleporters and Naval.

Naval tends to clump if you simply allow vanilla naval to use teleporters flat-out. Even with vanilla + speed increase.

What I found helps, is reducing their physics size by 1/3 and giving them staggering push classes (leviathan 6, stingray/anglerfish 5, bluebottle 4, narwhal 3, sunfish/seabass/combat-fab-boat 2).

Do you guys do this yet and what are your thoughts on this?
  7. stuart98

1.261 fixes Statera for the newest commanders.

1.27 will include a couple of balance changes to naval. If you have any post MMM feedback for us in this area, please post this!

Currently doing a slight nerf to torp launcher health as well as preventing sunfish from targeting underwater units.
    Last edited: December 1, 2014
  8. datanon

datanon New Member

Really love the mod, but do you think there could be a slightly edited version with smaller unit boundaries? The reduced spam is all fine and good, but the wide boundaries really interfere with TP gates.

Also some unit descriptions go off the default UI, but that's practically a nonissue.
  9. stijnnafteux

stijnnafteux New Member

I Wanna say somthing plz HELP so yeah is this coming to PAMM and somthing else i tried to download it with all the steps and it won't work so plz help me it looks really nice thx already :D
  10. squishypon3

It is on PAMM. :p
  11. stijnnafteux

stijnnafteux New Member

yes for the love of god its on PAMM thanks Squishy :p but 2 thing i downloaded it and it works now but i don't have anny new units and a bug when i build walls they magically explode :p so plz help thx :D
    Last edited: December 12, 2014
  12. squishypon3

They're supposed to explode, not sure why you don't have any new units though. =o
  13. stijnnafteux

stijnnafteux New Member

Why Do They Need To Explode :D and plz try to fix that problem if u have time do :D
  14. squishypon3

So you can't repair them, they still have a lot of health, don't worry. :p
  15. stijnnafteux

stijnnafteux New Member

So Yeah redownloaded it have all the new units it works fine its the best mod i ever had and yeah mutch luck for this mod plz keep adding new units and stuff and i'm shure it will become even cooler thx for the support and have a nice night or what time that is with u thx :D
    squishypon3 likes this.
  16. stuart98

REMINDER: Any bugs you find in Statera should be pointed out in our issues page on github. We appreciate your diligence on finding these issues. :)
  17. stuart98

Statera 1.3 will be released shortly. Unfortunately due to a lack of cooperation from Uber on adding new hooks few naval changes will be in this release. We have, however, added the unit cannon in and made many quality of life changes.

All units should now prioritize non-vanguard units over Vanguards.
    Torpedo launcher HP reduced from 3000 to 2200.
    T2 Torpedo launcher HP reduced from 4000 to 3000.
    Torpedo launchers now fire from all muzzles rather than just rightmost one.
    T2 Torpedo Launcher damage per shot increased from 600 to 800.
    Nukes now have proper icons and descriptions and show their correct cost.
    Commanders now have their proper explosions for the air/orbital layer.
    Commanderlist updated to once again include all commanders in the game.
    Unit cannon has been added to Statera. Compared to vanilla, it costs 6000 metal, builds at 40 metal per second with an inefficient power cost of 4000 energy per second, stores 20 units, can build all Statera bots and only bots, and can only launch within the same grav well. Can be built on water.
    All naval units have had their mesh bounds updated to reflect vanilla models.
    The sunfish has been removed, replaced by the Piranha. 5 less range than vanilla, 5 less damage per shot, shot 1/2 a second as fast (1.5 a second rather than 2.0) can attack air, moves at a speed of 25 with an acceleration of 5 (we just love 5s) and has twice as much HP.
  18. Deletive

Deletive Member

This is a really nice mod, some units I feel over super awesome while others looking underwhelming. Most of the defenses are completely useless in my opinion.

Awesome, was a lot of fun to mess around in :D
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. squishypon3

I think I agree, I'll try to get around to working on defenses a bit, thanks for the feedback. :)
    Deletive likes this.
  20. stuart98

Could you elaborate on which defenses seemed useless and why you think they were useless? I feel like the Apocalypse Apparatus is frankly a bad unit that doesn't have much place in a one faction game and that it is causing the invalidation of most other defenses; as such I will be removing it in the next major release of Statera.
    As for the rest, my thoughts on them at the moment. If you disagree, please tell me.

Light Laser Tower: Supposed to be for defending expansions and impromptu defensive measures along with defending from early game rushes. Should be inferior to HLT for hardened defensive measurements.
    Rocket Defense Tower: A decent idea, but just hard to make work right. Too flimsy, too little damage when its needed unless you spam them. Will probably just replace it with a clone of the Zero-K defender.
    Heavy Laser Tower: Seems to output pretty good damage for its cost. No changes planned to it in the near future other than a possible reduction in turret rotation speed.
    Sniper Laser Tower: Largely obsolete at the moment due to the Apocalypse Apparatus. I might nerf the cost a little when I remove the AA, but I feel like it will see far more use once the AA has been removed.
    Pelter: Does seem a little underwhelming at the moment. I think I'll buff damage and increase cost a bit, but the pelter should really be a passive offensive weapon rather than a defensive one, and as a passive one should be less effective than an actual army.
    Riot Laser Tower: I feel like the main problem with this is that its more effective against tanks than it is against bots. I am unsure of how I should fix this; most games that have such a weapon do so via usage of an armor system, which should obviously be avoided here.
    Catapult: I want to make this unit work differently but can't really do so until Uber allows us to make weapons that are always fired in volleys.
    Deletive likes this.