[REL] Planet Type & Biome Creator v0.6

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Raevn, July 26, 2013.

1. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

GREAT TOOLS!!! :) :) :) :) :)

I'm working on making 2 custom Biomes "Alien" and "Utopian" to add into the game editor,
    I have made a base template for the alien template and i'm currently working on modifying the tree brushes and water color.
    I'm also working on adding a Slider to the System editors "Planet Editor" that will let me adjust the atmosphere color and spec highlights from there instead of manually editing the .json file.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/alien-and-utopian-colored-biomes.52147/
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I've tried doing this in the past, but it's currently not possible - the engine call to generate a planet only takes the name of a json file so you'd need to actually write out the change to disk.
  3. maxpowerz

Cheers :) i was wondering why i couldn't find a mod for adjusting the atmosphere in game so far
  4. maxpowerz

I'm still fiddling with making a slider for the planet atmosphere color,
    taking into account for what you said about needing to write out the output to disk, how are the user templates saved?
    in the editor when i make a planet and change its seed settings and save then preveiw it adds an extra planet with an icon to the "my planets" tab, are these saved as .json's ??
    if they are would me adding things like
    These variables into the planet {} section of the systemeditor.js and also into each of the default templates planet {} section or just the ones we want to adjust atmosphere color of (in example just the alien one for now so i dont change any other vanilla/original files by accident).

atmosphere_ColourR: .1,
    atmosphere_ColourG: .8,
    atmosphere_ColourB: .2,
    atmosphere_ColourA: .6,
    atmosphere_Density: 10

then also add the code to display the sliders to interact with these variables further down in the editor.js file.

Will this work just to veiw color when i hit preveiw and if i hit save will it save the extra variable data to the "my planet templates" it creates. (once again im not sure how the extra templates are being saved are they embeded in the .js file or is it creating .json's somewhere??)

im not real fussed about getting it to save the .json data to disk , i mainly want the sliders to adjust the color in game then preview,
    that way i can pick better values for the biomes i want to make without needing to edit .json file to check each color i want see in game.
  5. maxpowerz

Is there a way to convert a papa images back to a png or whatever format it was originally or do i need the original files?
    i want to photoshop some textures and hue shift it to another color, i want to keep vanilla textures just shift color over to match atmosphere,

Also fiddling in blender and trying to make twisted low geometry trees for the alien biome, and some lollipop styled trees for the utopian biome.