[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. nobrains

nobrains Member

Could you add player colors to the graphs? It is rather confusing if the colors in game and in the stats don't match.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Not easy but possible.
  3. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Oh I see. I don't believe in the interwebs.
  4. cola_colin

So I am currently in the process of refactoring PA Stats and adding in a few features (like detection of teams and teamcolors). Since I will have my last day of work for this year tomorrow I think I will be able to push this out a bit quicker than I could so far. Once the refactoring is complete I will also move the PA Stats server to github. This means 2 things:
    - If you know how to build a project with sbt, run a postgres database and configure some jndi Datasource you could run your own server if you really want.
    - Anyone will be free to submit his own improvements. I'd really love to see somebody with a better understanding of html/css to polish this up a bit. I think I am capable of doing the backend works, but webdesign really isnt my thing.
  5. cola_colin

Guys I don't want likes I want somebody to clean up this css mess I created :p
  6. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

*hugs*
    reptarking likes this.
  7. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

8. kongkillha

kongkillha Member

Would be nice too if we had more ways to sort the game and search for things. Like Win/Loss-Ratio, Connection Lost, etc.
  9. cola_colin

I dont currently plan to make PA Stats a tracker of who won how many games. The winner display is just a text field that is read directly from the game, so I dont really have data about who won what game. Since you can report any kind of game that value would be waaay too meaningless.
    Connection lost to whom? I dont get such data.

My current ideas are more among these lines:
    - Backend refactoring (will take at least a few more days, but includes team and player color detection)
    - Graphs per player (your eco efficiency over time, how many games were played over time, etc.)
    - Full display of the whole system the game was played in, maybe offer some kind of download for the system so you can easily download it somehow to play the system yourself.
    - I hope that it wont be too long before Uber provides me with the API to finally capture full build orders.
  10. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I wouldn't say I have a great understanding of HTML and CSS, but I'd like to put some work into improving things on the in-game UI side. A simple "show stats" button for spectating players would be the first thing I'd try, but I might go crazy overboard with that and end up with my own spectator mod that draws data from PA Stats. Let me know if there's anything specific you want put into the game cola_colin and I'll see what I can do when I get home tomorrow :)
  11. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Now that would be a fun mod!
  12. cola_colin

I dont have much plans for ingame stuff right now.
    So please come up with a few nice things ^^
    If you need (and you will most likely need them) extra webservice calls to get data just ask me for it.
    The drawback of this would be that the data isnt fully live, maybe 5 to 10 seconds behind and you need too constantly poll data from the server.

EDIT:
    On the topic of polling: In theory instead of writing a webservice it may also be possible to make a little comet driven webpage that could be embedded into PA. Comet is basically just (long-)polling as well, but the implementation of lift is at least proven to be very stable and resilient.
    For that you would need to develop the mod as a part of the webpage for the most part.
    Last edited: December 4, 2013
  13. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Loving this mod Colin, thank you again.

I'm interested to know how my APM compares to others, I average about 80 (with spikes of 300 when I'm typing :) ).
  14. kongkillha

kongkillha Member

@cola_colin: Will it be possible to see what units and what structures were built? Instead of just showing how many units were alive.
    This would be nice detailed information to analyze where the disparity between winning and loosing was.
    Last edited: December 10, 2013
  15. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Don't think this is possible for the moment. Armysize is direct available and that's what's being used.
  16. cola_colin

That's what I mean when I say capture build orders.
    In my dreams I want to display what units you build at what time and what units you had at what time, etc.
    Afaik Uber does plan to provide API for that kind of thing eventually, so we'll see what I can make of it.
  17. cola_colin

Refactoring complete, if no asteroid hits my place I will be able to upload the project to github tomorrow evening and probably update the server, too.

Sneak peak:
    [​IMG]

====>

[​IMG]
    Notice the vs between my name and the AI Commander. The vs will correctly separate teams from each other.
    All players of one team will have the same color. Old data however will look a bit ugly, as I am missing teamdata and colordata for them.
    also I suck at webdesign, I think i said that already.
    If somebody feels like making that player name color thing look better, please do it.
  18. cola_colin

19. cola_colin

Updated PA Stats. If the site looks wonky please press ctrl F5 to reload all cached contents. css and js changed a bit.

- Teamcolors are now used in the graphs. The redundant legend was removed.
    - Players are grouped by teams.
    - The backend has been rewritten for the most part. if you spot new bugs please report them
    - Old data still uses the old colors, however for old teamgames the list of players is a bit broken. The old data is just too... well it doesnt know of teams.
  20. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

Have you seen this bug when launching a moon?
    Untitled.png

I'd love to stats on my planet smash to pa stats, but I don't think that's what it means :)